Competition Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Class

Can anyone tell me the qualification(s) for the Competition Class? Am I correct to believe that this Class is open to 'ALL' Modified motorcycles or only those motorcycles that came from the 'Factory' as Competition only motorcycles?.....Hrdly-Dangrs

The competition class is not for "factory" bikes only, but for any machine especially built or prepared for racing in its era in any of the recognized disciplines such as road racing, flat track, hill climbing, and so forth. As such, the machine would have number plates, no lighting, most likely open pipes, and be fitted with whatever is required for its class of racing- ie safety wire, etc. Current AMCA rules do no require competition machines to be started prior to judging. (Street racing is not a recognized discipline)!
    Pete Gagan

Comment

Yeah, but damn if it wasn't fun!.......And sometimes to relax, I'd ride into New York city during evening traffic and listen to the sound of the drag pipes bouncing of the 'glass canyon' walls...as the occassional car alarm went off behind me.......sigh....sometimes life is good!....after all it was Hrdly-Dangrs!

Comment

I must admit that it still is, on occasion. My modern ride is a '86 NS400R Honda I picked up a while back. The first newish machine I've owned. It is a euro spec 90 degree V-3 w/c two stroke street legal formula 400 racer with 72 bhp on tap, weighing in at about 300 lbs. I have been practicing "wheelies" and "brakies", mostly by accident, and quite enjoying the whole thing. The "crotch rocket" brigade look at me somewhat askance when I remove the helmet and they see the 63 year old visage. Its fun.
        Pete Gagan

Comment

OOPS!!

Let's hope we're not caught on film making any mistakes, cause we wouldn't want to make it onto those sites that have all the 'DUMB- ASS- OF -THE- YEAR' videos! Which of course everyone you know and his brother knows its your face that looks like this .....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
          X