X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 VL color

i'm doing up an 30 vl, do i have any options as to color,
    thank you

You may have seen this link in the paint section, unfortunatly, it only goes back to 1931.

http://www.gis.net/~schmoo/

I have a 1930 VL also. I went with the Olive color. Personally, I like the "OLD" look with that color. I know that White was available for 1930. I don't know if I can prove it though. But, Mike at Harbour Vintage restored one in white. Also, there is a picture of a H-D shop in Reading back in 1930 where there is a 30 VL in the front window, and it is two toned. Probably the Olive and Orange. (??) Sorry, B/W picture, so it is only a guess of mine. I can look into some of my books that Jerry Hatfield wrote and see what he has found out. You probably already have them.

Jim

Comment

1930 Colour Options

My copy of the 1930 H.D. Accessories Catalog lists the following colours as being available under the following headings.

Standard Colors:Olive Green, Brewster Green and Black

Special Colors:Azure Blue, Police Blue, Coach Green, Orange, Maroon, Fawn Grey, Cream and Vermillion.

Striping Colors:Maroon, Florentine, Black, Gold and Aluminum.

I really don't think anyone could say your paint job was wrong if you used any of the above colors as they are advertised as factory options in a factory produced publication that is dated 1930.

Comment

VL Colors

The 1930 color options are described in detail in my VL restoration book.

Comment

Sorry Steve, I had a slight memory lapse about your book. I just looked at it and you do go into a very good detail about the colors for 30/31. I found it on page 166.

I HIGHLY recommend Steve's VL restoration book and his parts list also. They are well worth getting for any VL owner. Even when you are just trying to learn about VLs also.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X