you meet a lotta good people on a BSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you meet a lotta good people on a BSA

I attended the Hebron meet this year, riding about 250 miles on my 1969 Thunderbolt. I say about 250 as the speedo on my bike has not worked since I purchased the bike in 1978. I took this bike at the last minute as my Harley crapped out earlier (thats another story). Everytime we stopped people came up to talk about the BSA. Something about this bike touches a nerve and seems to make everyone interested in starting a conversation.
    Of course this is only a secondary bonus as the real privilidge is being fortunate enough to own and ride such a fantastic machine. But still I have put a lot of miles on several vintage machines and part of the fun, of course is meeting people who admire your ride but BSA's really seem to bring out the best crowds. No B.S.
    There was a BSA pitstop bulliten board up a few years ago that was great. Some of the regulars were Lannis, Orlando,Whitey,Attilio, and many others, all characters. Are any of you guys still out there.

Doug

I noticed the same thing. I ride a '64 Royal Star that has a chrome tank and red side panels. I had to install a front fender plate with the year and description of the bike 'cuse I would get people yelling at me at a stop light wanting to know what year, make ect.
    Photos of the bike can be seen at http://amca_southflorida.tripod.com/...apter/id5.html

I've also met many a old timer that has fond memories and great stories about their first BSA.

Comment

BSA

I was riding my 1968 BSA Firebird Scrambler about 15 years ago
      and stopped for gas. Some old timer walked over and started talking. Same story. Used to own one, etc. etc. etc. Next thing you know he tells me to come to his house so he can give me a
      1968 Lightning basket case. I did and restored the bike and sold
      it at a Mid Ohio auction some years later. All my BSA'a are gone now but they sure were a people magnet whenever I was riding
      one. Now whenever I ride one of my old honda's the same thing happens. And one day an old timer stopped to talk, etc. etc. etc. and I ended up with another old honda. What a great way to meet people and you get to ride cool old bikes at the same time.

Dick

Comment

Same with a Bonneville

I know what you are talking about from riding around Miami on a Triumph T-140. Everyone in this town "used to own one like that," or their brother did, etc. My wife says I ride the British classics just because I like the attention that comes from it.

Roy, the Original Nightrider

Comment

Working...
        X