Book on Curtiss Mcys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book on Curtiss Mcys.

I just read a great book called "Unlocking the Sky" by Seth Shulman. Without writing a book report it is a story about Glenn Curtiss the founder of Curtiss motorcycles, Built in Hammondsport NY in the early 1900's. If Alexander Graham Bell did not coerce him into building airplanes these bikes would probably be giving HD a run for its money today.
    It is a great read for those into planes and bikes, in case anyone is interested .

I sure am! I was looking at some of the original letters online (nat. lib. of congress) from Curtiss to Bell. Will have to buy the book. Thanks.

Comment

This fine book paints the Wright brothers in a truly negative light. As I drove home tonight I spotted a car in front of me bearing Ohio tags with the motto "Birthplace of Avation". If the facts in this book are correct may I say What a crock! Without besmirching the good name of the state of Ohio of course.
      I may travel thru there if I attend Harleys 100th.
      Doug

Comment

Curtiss

As you guys probably know, Curtiss marketed the first American V-twin. That V-triple he came out with in 1909 was insane! Sort of like that Feulng (sic?) H-D triple. Wright's new book has a good shot of the Curtiss triple. I wonder if any of that model were actually sold to the public???

Comment

The Curtiss Story & a TON of photos

Glenn H. Curtiss in my opinon -was, "The Man". History has down played his accomplishments .....alot.

I went into this web site, and did not come out for 4 hours. You have been warned! and I have a high speed connection!

Some prior knowledge of Mr. Curtiss is helpful as this site gets right into the nitty-gritty.

It is fantastic! I filled the memory cache on browser three times. The site is big, lots of photos. It is truely insightfull. I have no doubt in my mind what a couple of snakes the Wright brothers really were.

The photos are incredible! A BIG THANK YOU to Jack Carpenter for creating this site. A monumental effort for one man. I tip my hat to you sir, and others that donated material and images.

I'll buy the book! Thank you for the four hours.

Jack Carpenter - http://www.glennhcurtiss.com

Comment

Working...
          X