Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring path for 1968 Servi-car

Hello All,
    I have a friend who is restoring a 1968 Servi car. He has become some what bogged down with a seemingly minor problem. It seems that he has been unable to find any literature that would indicate how and where to attach the two looms that terminate at the speedo base. I'm refering to the two that would follow the top frame tube back. He has a repro manual and a couple resto catalogues but none give a hint. Also it would be great to know what special hardware such as pre-formed clips were used. Any help would be most appreciated. jke

servicar wiring

I am also starting to rewire a servicar. A 1969. My question is
    where did the factory mount the voltage regulator?

kd

Comment

servicar

hello on a 1969 servi the regulator is mounted in the rear box it has a special monting bracket that the unit bolts to and then bolts to the floor of the box.

Comment

servicar voltage regulator

thanks Joe.
        I`am not very proficient at the computer and am having
        some difficulty navigating this site. Today is my first time
        at AMCA forum.

Kent

Comment

69 servi

hello kent if you need any more info or help let me know i did a 69 servi about three years ago and it came out nice. joe

Comment

Servi wiring

JKE
            The Palmer book shows good photos of solo wiring, which I would guess to be the same as the wiring route for a servi from the dash going forward. Anyway, that is how I wired by 56 servi. There is a metal clamp that clamps wires at frame neck. The wires run between the frame and oil tank. There is an area of oil tank which allows wires to pass between frame and tank which is apparent when oil tank is bolted to frame. I have seen no other source of info for servicars specifically. The neck clamps are available from any place that sells 45 repro parts (45 Depot, 45 Restoration, Still Kicking, etc)
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X