Connecticut to Milwaukee Ride For Harley's 100th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut to Milwaukee Ride For Harley's 100th

American Iron Magazine is putting together a ride from Connecticut to Milwuakee in August to arrive in time to be part of Harley's 100th anniversary.

Everyone is welcome to ride with us, and we will be maintaining a reasonable speed and distance for all but the very oldest bikes (and Servicars) to keep up.

I am the Editor-in-Chief of American Iron Magazine and will be leading the ride on my rather stock and original 1955 Panhead. And our staff will be along with cameras and notebooks in hand for future features and articles.

Email us at Harleyhundred@aol.com for details, dates and locations.

Thanks tot he support of Progressive Insurance and other companies, the ride is free (even should have some cool free t-shirts) and we should have some mechanics and support vehicles along for the ride. Someone suggested we put together a Pans Across America ride as part of the bigger ride. Any interest here for such an idea?

Buzz,
    I recently ( not too recently) read in your magazine that you had twins, congratulations.
    Are your old lady and the kids coming along for the ride?
    I am considering riding my 61 pan out there for the bash and wondering if anyone else is having the family tag along in the minivan.
    I have been reading your magazines since the old bike journal days, and still like to peruse the ones I kept once in a while.
    Regards,
    Doug

Comment

Yes, we have identical twin daughters who will be 3 years old during Harley's celebrations. As much as we are tempted to bring them along, we will pass for a couple of reasons. One is they are too young and don't want to hurt or scare them with the number of people and loud pipes. And another is that they would be a distraction when I need to work the event. But you can bring your kids and give them a story to tell their kids!
      I have started working on my '55 Pan to make sure it is in the shape it needs to be to carry me out and back next summer. Sure hope other AMC'ers ride along with us. I did this ride on my '47 Knuck on the 95th and it was a blast!
      We are posting details of our ride on our new website - www.americanironmag.com

Comment

Working...
      X