Must Sell 1952 Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Sell 1952 Indian

Hi...I just joined your group after my hubby saw you guys on a TV program and I looked via the web to find you. I live in Spokane, Washington and my hubby and I both ride. He has a '47 Harley knuckle and I've got an Indian and a FatBoy. Two weeks ago I was hospitalized and diagnosed with lymph cancer. My insurance will only cover certain things and unfortunately leaves a vast amount of stuff that I have to pay for out of my pocket. Therefore, I am going to have to sell my Indian so that I can pay for my treatment. Time is of the utmost importance here and I need to sell it quick. I have a web page where lots of various pictures of it are located and can be found here: http://home.att.net/~peggy-t/spec80.htm . Sale price is $15,000.00. It is all customized...the front end, sidecar, outrigging, trunk, and much else are all custom made. It runs like a fine-tuned clock. It needs a paint job to be show perfect. The right fuel tank sprang a leak in it's liner and bubbled the paint on the right side. A new liner costs about $25.00 for the kit. Other than that it has various minor chips from riding but nothing major. My husband is a Harley and Indian mechanic (for 32 years) so it has been well-maintained. It is super dependable and has never broke down except for one time while riding in the rain the points got wet and had to be dried out. The engine is the rare 80 cubic inches and is one of only 10 factory-racing engines ever made. It is a sweetheart of a bike and if it wasn't for my health I would never sell it!! If you know anyone at all that would be interested PLEASE let me know asap. I can be contacted via my email addy. We will help arrange for shipping and anything else we can do to help.
    Thanks to all,
    ~Peggy
    peggy-t@att.net

Sorry to hear the news. Hopefully some folks can help you out. Pictures are great and do paint an accurate picture. As does your honest post.
    Will be opening the classified section soon.

Comment

Im sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope everything works out for you.
      I was interested in knowing what is special about the engine in your chief. What makes it different than the other 80 ci chiefs(50-53). I wasnt aware of any other limited production racing engines other than the Big Base Scouts. Can you give us some details?

Comment

Must Sell 1952 Indian

Hi...
        I'm not much of an Indian expert myself and even less of one when I first got my bike. So, I contacted the Amerian Indian Motorcycle Co. in Mokelumne Hill, CA. and have been able over the years to acquire manuals, parts, and lots of info from them. In one of my first contacts with them I gave them my motor number and they are the ones that informed me that only 10 of those particular engines were ever made and that they were not apparently for retail but instead were made specifically for the factory racing team. Other than that info I don't know much else about the history of it but the people at AIMC have never steered me wrong yet and that is their field of expertise so I trusted what they told me. Wish I could tell you more but perhaps if you contacted them yourself they could tell you more. They have always been real nice to talk to and know their stuff. If you can't find their phone number let me know and I'll dig out an old manual and get it for you. Hope that helps some. Also, I'm not sure what makes this engine any different but I do know, from experience, that I have ridden with alot of other Indian riders over the years and this bike is MUCH faster than any of them. It is extremely peppy! :-)
        ~Peggy

Comment

Working...
        X