1963 Headlight cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Headlight cowling

I need to know where to locate the spot light switch and the indicator(if any) on the head light cowling on a 1963 FLH. I have several books but can not seem to get a clear shot of one. Thanks.

This may help

I know this response is a bit belated but my father was killed recently in a motor vehicle accident and while going through his stuff I came across an instruction sheet that was part of the assembly instructions that came with his new 1965 Electra-glide.
    The sheets #s 1,2 & 3 (which are too big to attach here) cover the fitting of the spotlamps with the 4th sheet detailling where the warning lights go on the headlamp cowl. Let me know your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
    On Dads 65 the spotlights switch was on the right side handlebar.
    We still have the 65 but it was involved in an accident in 1967 that nearly claimed Dads life then and he was not very keen in getting it going again. We'll restore it in his memory in the very near future but in the meantime it's a good reference point for questions like yours and until I found these sheets I was'nt sure if yours would be the same as a 65 model.
    Hope this helps and I'm sorry if it's a bit late.
    Regards Tommo

Comment

Tommo,
      It is good to have you back on the boards and sorry to hear about your Dad. You are always a wealth of well documented information. I always thought New Zealand was a fairly sp****ly country with miles of beautiful empty highways. It sounds like you have a lot of traffic problems over there.
      Doug

Comment

Working...
      X