Biggest Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Meet?

OK - this one's easy. For those of you who have been lucky to hit most or all of the AMCA national meets - which one is the largest?
    Which one would give me the best shot at finding a pair of control clamps (no holes for stem mount mirrors) and a pair of HD original bar clamp style mirrors?? Or maybe even an HD original tank and fender set (don't have to be original paint)?

BTW - solicitations on the above items accepted!

ray.benash@verizon.net

Hi Ray,
    yr, model? might help you out. and Davenport IA.

Comment

Year and model, in case you guys actaully have those parts (doh!)

1965 Harley FLH

Sorry,

Ray

Comment

I found an excellent cad-plated reproduction mirror clamp for my '65, ....as a spotlight clamp in the KIWI Indian parts catalog.

Comment

Just managed to get a pair of Pan Style mirrors, used without the mounting hardware. Came back to this article. The Kiwi clamp mentioned is still available but doesn't include the required thimble, tbolt, hex nut, and washer. Cotten also informed me that there might have been an issue or two with Kiwi.

Anyway checked out the availability from Old Iron for clamping hardware from his Indian repros:

http://www.oldiron.net/prod-mirror.php

As advertised in AMCA club magazine.

Here's a copy of the email/order info, he says he'd be happy to sell clamp/hardware sets to other HD owners looking for a solution. Also mentioned that he's considering building an HD repro, but need to get the research done and a few originals to copy from.

Great guy, I'll post again after I receive the hardware, but by the pic look pretty damn close to the originals I've seen.

Can I convince you to sell me a pair of the clamp and bolt assemblies used on your Clearviews? Please consider this and let me know what the price would be?

Ray,
          Yes, I think that they would be correct...I believe the same firm made the mirrors for Indian and HD.
          The handlebar clamp consists the following cad plated parts:
          HB strap
          cross drilled thimble
          cross drilled T bolt
          hex nut
          split lock washer
          $30 per set
          You'll have to call to place the special order.
          Thanks,
          Geoff Ringlé
          Old Iron Designs
          web site: www.oldiron.net
          phone: 609 396 5744
          Fax: 609 396 5021
          email: indianparts@aol.com

Now I only need to figure out how to repair/replace the broken mirror in one of the stems in my set

Comment

Yes, I was just looking at his products also. Great stuff! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X