1974 Hercules (rotary engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Hercules (rotary engine)

Help! I've come across a 1974 Hercules. I need any information on this beast. I'd like to restore it. It's had one owner it's entire life, up until now. If anyone has heard of this motorcycle and can help me, I would appreciate it. The motorcycle shops around here haven't even seen one before, and know nothing about them. I need help!!

Taken From----http://www.monito.com/****el/motorcycles.html

Yamaha Prototype 73-75

It was called the RZ201. Twin rotor, water-cooled engine shown in 1973 at the Tokyo Motor Show, almost produced in 1975. Engine was mounted transversely and was modified from one by their Yanmar subsidiary. It had combination side and peripheral intake ports. Charge cooled rotors. 660 cc. 68 bhp at 6500 rpm. Drive was by Morse Hi-Vo chain from a 5 speed gear box.

Hummmm...does that sound like it? Best of luck trying to find parts. You ain't in the right place. Try searches for ****el motorcycle.

OR this:
    Hercules ****el 2000 (DKW) 74+

From Germany it was the first production rotary-engined motorcycle. It was called Hercules ****el 2000 and then DKW 2000 for export. Sachs KC 27 one rotor 294 cc air cooled engine. Engine has rotor in line with rear wheel. 32 hp at 6500 rpm, 24.5 ft lbs at 4500 rpm. Six speed transmission, foot shifted. Top speed 93 mph. 0-66 in 7 seconds. 43 mpg x 4.5 gallons = 193 miles estimated range. Dry weight 350 lbs. Brakes were front disk, rear drum. Early versions had 20 hp with F&S 914 engine and a four speed shaft drive and a top speed of 82 mph. DKW stands for Damf-Kraft-Wagen.

Comment

Yes, it is a Hercules ****el 2000 or DKW2000, is this bike worth restoring? I am a new rider, and don't know much about bikes. I know this bike is a rare one, and I'd love to see it run. It actually has been started once. If anyone can help me get in contact with someone that knows the ins and outs of these bikes I would appreciate it. Thanks, April

Comment

w*a*n*k*

Time to take "whank" off the restrction list too! FatDog

Comment

OK, done--- feel free to wank away.

Found some good ant. M/C dig vid - posting it in parking lot chatter. Your going to love this!

Comment

Working...
          X