new to the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the club

Greetings, I have joined as a legacy. My father was a long time member. Sadly he passed away last spring after a lengthy illness. I now have the opportunity to carry on but have a very tough decision to make. I have the choice of one of three beautifully restored H-D's. A '28JD, 34VLD, or a '46EL. All have been shown and judged in the 90's. Our plan is to keep two bikes in the family and sell one. What to do??????? We also have a restored Smith Motorwheel attached to vintage bicycle. Any advice would be welcome.

Sell the ???

If I had to make this decision I would sell SOMETHING ELSE....:-)

Comment

What to do!

I would be more than happy to provide a good home with lots of loving care to any of the three above mentioned motorcycles.

I really like the EL. (The 1946 EL 61 OHV Twin, Special Sport Solo) Sold new for $463.67.

I would be willing to pay almost twice that much.

Seriously, I'm sorry you lost your Father. You should try to keep all three. They can't be replaced because they were your Dad's. I know I would have a hard time letting any of them go. They're all three wonderful machines. I'm sure He loved them.

Comment

Sorry for you loss. Are you planning on doing any riding? Road runs, week-end trips. Couple of hours on a Sunday? Do you have brothers that ride? Do you have kids of your own, or other family members that may like one of the bikes in the future? Say in 15yrs?

Something to think about.

Comment

Welcome !!!

In my opinion (whatever that's worth)...I'd keep all three...they obviously meant an awful lot to your Father, or he would have sold them long ago...

Take your time...think about this decision...and if you still decide to sell one...put me on your 'to contact' list...

Seriously...sorry to hear of your Dad's passing...I miss mine like crazy! But you can keep his spirit alive in these bikes!

Take care...

Comment

Thanks for the responses and the condolences. here is my situation: (4) Harleys / (4) kids (including me). My older brother wants the '94 Heritage Classic, one sister lives in D.C. w/ white furn. and carpet and no kids wants to sell, one sister wants one for memories, I want one to ride. My Dad's spirit definitely lives on. True story: 5 yrs ago Dad bought me a '72 Honda350-4 to ride when I visited him, but with little kids, building a new house, starting my own Architecture firm I didn't get home much. My brother and I (and sisters) came home to see Pop one last time as he was dying. The honda was in the garage, dead battery, wouldn't kick start, nothin'! The morning my Dad died I went to the garage to be alone for a minute. I sat down on the honda, turned the key, pushed the starter and viola! It started right up and I went for a ride! Totally unbeleivable! As my Dad's spirit departed this earth he must have taken a last look at his bikes.... I have jpegs of the bikes, how do I attach files?

Comment

the 28jd
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X