Speedometer restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer restoration

Does anyone know where to get a speedometer face restored? Preferrably in the Dallas area. I'm building a '49 Panhead and the original speedo face numbers are all over the place, could be a good excuse if I ever were to get stopped for a speed violation. The after market speedo looks like **** and most or maybe all will not work with the original cable setup. Any suggestions or other info is appreciated. Thanks.

speedo resto...

Howdy...I'm in PA, but I can get you the name & number of a guy around these here parts who can take care of ya...price runs anywhere from $200.00 to $700.00 for rebuild...i agree with ya, tho, the aftermkt. speedos are real ugly...i went with one on my '40 flathead...waiting to have the old one rebuilt...$$$$$!
    Good luck.......

Comment

You might try Conan's Classics. They're located in Tulsa, Ok.
      www.conanclassics.com
      I live right down I-35 from you, in Burleson, so I'll check around.
      There are a couple of guys I know who might have the speed-o your looking for if you want to go that route. I'm not sure if either one would want to part with them.

Comment

Hey ajax,

Try http://www.conansclassics.com

Or you can call them at (918) 641-1192

Let me know if I can ever be of help finding parts for your Panhead.

I'm sure there is someone in the Metroplex that does speedo face restoration. Good Luck.

Ride Safe,

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Geo, the only place I knew of in Big D that did speedo restoration got divorced and went away if you know what I mean. If you hear of someone local, please let me know. I'll check out Conan Classics for now. Thanks.

Comment

Ken Presson rebuilt mine and did a fantastic job with a 2 week turnaround. His phone number can be found at Georges World web site, under restoration work or email me and I will look it up.
            Doug Leone dleone1@megapathdsl.net

Comment

The two week turnaround sounds good. I have already sent my speedo to Conan's Classics. They don't actually do the restoration onsite but have someone that does the job for them. I didn't get a specific turnaround time but they did say the price would run between $200-300. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Comment

Here's one that I used

You might want to check with these guys, although they're way out in CA:

http://www.paspeedo.com/about.htm

I had them work my '65 speedo, but didn't have face work done, so I can't vouch for that. These folks have been in business for years. I beleive I paid about $350 for my rebuild. Might be worth checking out if all else fails. I dropped mine off in person during a business trip, so I can vouch that they are legit. Nice folks. They don't list MC speedos, but I emailed my inquiry and they were quick to respond. They give a full cost and time estimate, took them a couple months to complete mine (parts issue).

Comment

Just a follow up to everyone on my '49 speedo restoration. Just got it back from Conan's and it looks GREAT!!! All the face numbers and mileage tumbler numbers were redone and the back shell was cleaned up and even the ink numbers restamped. It looks like it just came off the shelf. Big thanks to the folks at Conan's for a job well done. As for the Pan itself, I am in the pre-assembly phase before getting the color done but the more assembled it gets the harder it is going to be to take it all apart again. I also want to share with everyone that if you need your front fork lower leg bushings redone, Bill's Custom Cycle in PA will do both legs for $80 including the bushings. From what my searching found, that is a very good deal. Later....

Comment

Working...
                  X