Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1913 Flying Merkel

Hi,

I new to this forum and wondering if anybody has any good info or sources of info for a 1913 Flying Merkel which I have inherited.
    It is unrestored and I have the original owners manual. I would like to get it running.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-RMark

Hi Mark, I see that you have been a member since 1995 and live in the CA state. Are you looking to get hooked up with help in your area? OR do you want to throw some specific questions at the membership?

Comment

Any kind of help would be appreciated, locally, nationally. I tried years ago with the CA Chapter, Fort Sutter, but they were of no help.

Where to get an engine rebuilt, or a good machinist with this kind of experience, other owners, carburetor parts, tires, etc., any bit of info would help. I live in the Bay Area of CA.

Comment

Mike Lange in Wisconsin is currently restoring a later Merkel engine like yours for Greg Walter. Bearing this in mind, I would say that he has the best experience. Mike's work is excellent but could be pricey. There are plenty of people available in the club who could restore an engine for you. Perhaps even Randy Walker. Post an ad in the AMCA magazine. Deadline is Jan. 15.

Comment

It also looks like Competition Distributing Co. (Texas) is tooling up to remake a few Merkel parts. You could ask Lonnie what he's doing?

Competition Dist

I think he's registered on this Forum as well.

Vince has a Merkel and lives in N. CA. He was bombing around the track at Davenport this year. He may be in the market for a racing mag.

Comment

RMark,

There is a new AMCA chapter, based in San Francisco. While I do not know if any of the members have Flying Merkels like yours, there are a few pre 16 bike owners.

If you would like to stop by our next meeting, call Rick Najera, 415.587.1112

Cheers,
            Pete Young

Originally posted by RMark
            Any kind of help would be appreciated, locally, nationally. I tried years ago with the CA Chapter, Fort Sutter, but they were of no help.

Where to get an engine rebuilt, or a good machinist with this kind of experience, other owners, carburetor parts, tires, etc., any bit of info would help. I live in the Bay Area of CA.

Comment

Working...
            X