Schebler Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schebler Carbs

A merry Xmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all AMCA members from Jennifer and I here in the Land of the Long White Cloud.
    Recently I acquired several Scheblar Model H and Deluxe carbs and all but one have been easy to identify.
    The carb I want to identify is a Deluxe model stamped DLX 57 and has a casting #DL 60 on the spray nozzle holder. It is a brass bodied carb with a 11/4 inch bore and a 7/8 inch venturi bore. There is no provision for any sort of air scoop or air cleaner attachment on the choke side of the carb body, just a slight flaring out of the main casting between the choke butterfly and the air intake.
    It is a two needle carb with both needles being adjustable but fixed, there is no cam and rocker style lifters on the idle needle.
    I hope this description makes sense and that someone can tell me the name and type of bike this carb was fitted to.

Regards Tommo

Schebler I.D.

DLX-54 (1928 Cleveland) is the highest number Schebler used on motorcycles through 1928. All three of the major manufacturers employed a 7/8" venturi at one time or another. I suggest you find someone with a Schebler manual post-1928 and see if you can find a reference there. Good hunting.
    p.s. Of course, Schebler made carbs for a variety of applications besides motorcycles.

Comment

Working...
    X