Laverda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laverda

Does anyone have a picture of an Italian Laverda Tractor? Just curious. Ohhh found one.
    combine

I just saw the barrels of a laverda motorcycle and was shocked at the wall thickness. Talk about over built! Woooo momma!

And so goes my interest in the Laverda farming equipment.

Good for the goose, is good for the gander???

Also, no one has ever posted to this area.
    Do any AMCA members own any preWWII Italian bikes?

I saw a really neat display of bikes set up in an antique shop in the older "antique alley" section of Roma about 9 years ago. So I know guys are into it in Roma. I also saw a Manx Norton hanging 12 feet up on the wall, inside of a M/C repair shop just east of the Vatican.

Laverda

Hi,
    I owned a 3C for a bunch of years. It was a masterpiece of engineering and design. Unfortunately it was also an electrical nightmare. It stranded me more times than I can count. I actually pushed the pig about a mile one day trying to find a place twere I could safely stash it's dead carcass. Eventually we updated the Ignition to a more modern Witt, replaced the entire charging system with one off a Honda and it worked reasonably well. I should have rewired it too, but I ended up selling it. Now I spend my time looking for another one. Mike

Comment

Italians are brilliant engineers and designers and what makes them so great is the attention asthetics in relation to function. I really don't have any direct input here since I have never owned an Italian motorcycle but I did want to pay homage to Italian design. They make great movies, and music, fantastic cars and motorcycles, and the most beautiful women on the planet. Now that's culture !

Comment

I agree whole-heartedly! What's maddening is there apparent disreguard for function. I ran a BMW of the same era and never once had a breakdown. The Laverda with the same Bosch electrics left me stranded more that once. Garbage wiring. Go figure.
        Mike

Comment

Not a very popular forum here is it? I bought a 74 SF2 that was leaning up against the side of a garage that belonged to a bike shop. He had the engine laying out in the snow and the rest of the bike stored at his moms house in the basement. I bought the bike for $200 and brought all the parts and pieces home and have a fairly complete bike with clear title and hardly any missing pieces, however, the engine cases were cracked due to ice freezing inside it, which cracked it like your water pipes in the winter. I found myself a good welder who fixed it right, so Im on the slow road to reassembly.
          Scott Larson
          AMCA #13589
          Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
          1971 HD FLH
          1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
          1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Working...
          X