1937 Harley 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Harley 45

Hello, I just found this webpage, and added it to my list of must read email. I'm restoring a 1937 Harley 45 just like the one my father bought new. This is my first motorcycle restoration, I've done a lot of old cars, and shown at AACA meets. The bike is in primer, and 80% complete. I'll be looking for parts and information, hope to have it finished by 2003 for the big party. Bob

I think a 45 is a good choice for your first rebuild because of the availabilty of parts. (even better cause your Dad had one) There is alot of NOS stuff out there for 45s also. Lots of books, etc. Make sure you join the Antique Motorcycle Club of America because it has great meets to find parts and a great magazine too. I wish I had joined the AMCA before I got my VL's.

Jim

Comment

Thank you Jim, I just sent in my dues renewal. This project started at the Oley, Pa. Meet five years ago when I bought a rear fender. The following year I found the 37WL motor. Just about everything else I found on the computer. I hope more AMCA members start to use this site, I can be a big help. Bob

Comment

1937hd45

Hi, I wish you well in getting the 1937 45 going in time for 2003 and I may be able to help you. I'm currently doing a 1944 WLC and have ended up with some N.O.S. bits for the pre 1941 45's that may help you. They are mainly clutch and transmission parts and if you're interested I,ll send you a list of what I've got. I do have some used parts but most of it is genuine H.D. new old stock.
        Yours in motorcycling, Tommo

Comment

Thank you for the offer Tommo! This is one of the great things about computer contacts! As I mentioned in my first post most of the parts for my '37 Harley were found "on line". Once the word gets out that you are looking for something everyone in the world is apt to help you. Thanks again, Bob

Comment

Working...
          X