Dating 1926 on singles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating 1926 on singles

Who out there can help me accurately date the single crankcases I have . One set has Eng # B4609 and mating #s 4945. This set has thin engine mount pads. Also there is a timing side crankcase half, which has roller cam followers, thick engine mount pads and a mating # 7391. Is this an O.H.V. crankcase half. Finally a drive side half Eng # 9582 (Has no letter prefix and is genuine factory stamping) and mating # 10303. This half has the thick engine mount pads. I have more than enough bits to build a bike and as I would prefer to build a 1928 model with a front wheel brake I am trying to find out if these motor bits are the right year or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation, Tommo.

I personally can't date your engines but when I read your question it brought a certain web site to mind, so here it is:

http://home.t-online.de/home/pravg/hd.htm

Give it a try, and let me know if I helped.

Jim

Comment

!926 to 1929 singles

Jim
      Thanks for the thought and I took a look at that site but came up with nothing helpful with regard to the singles.
      Theres plenty of info around regarding the early singles and most if not all of the twins but to find definitive info on how to interpret the numbering on these singles seems impossible.
      Surely someone out there has done some research on these bikes and has the answers.
      Yours in motorcycling,
      Tommo

Comment

Working...
      X