Weld on Fender Tabs for Inline Springers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld on Fender Tabs for Inline Springers

I am in the process of restoring an inline springer that did not survive the "chopper days". It is missing the fender tabs on the rear leg. Does anyone know where a person could find weld on tabs or does anyone have an idea of how to replicate these tabs. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure I am not the only one who has had missing fender tabs.

Jim

Springer Tabs

I had the same problem. I went to a friend who had a springer. I traced off his tabs on paper. I then made a transfer on to a thin piece of aluminum that you can bend. Went back to the friend and matched up the bends and holes. Then I got some steel started cutting and grinding and a few hours later had some tabs! The tough part was welding on in the correct spot so the fender fits correct. Go slow here so it looks good. The whole project took about 8 hours and some think time.

Comment

Thanks Knuck, I took some measurements and a lot of di***al photos of a friends springer fender tabs. Then went to work for a few hours in the shop with some steel pieces from the local hardware store. The toughest part was getting the right bend at the right spot. I smoothed the edges with a grinding wheel to match the original and hope that once I get these welded on they will work. If they don't I will seek professional help. I will see soon.

Jim

Comment

I just finished a 1946 knuckle so let me know if I can help on anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X