Honda Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Dream

I like the Harleys and Indians but, Ya know, theres something about a Honda Dream's flaired fenders and square light that makes it look so classic. These are still an affordable antique motorcycle too! I still have my 'ol
    1965 Honda CB160, thats next on my restoration sheet.

Jim

Just curious Jim, Where do you find mufflers for these things. Is anyone remaking them? The bent up flogged, motocross wrecks, are lookin pretty sad around this neighborhood.

I met a guy who 8 yrs ago collected everysingle yr in sequence of 350cc. 64 to 76 or something and sold the the lot to a collector in Japan. It made complete sence when I found out the selling price.

Its intersting how this stuff is starting to make it into the club. Ahhhh...ya! like it or not.

Maybe I'll go out save a few from the **** heap. The step through bathtub models were so ugly -they make me curious. Streamers and a wire basket on the front would really complete the look. 100cc of raw power. HAAA!!!

*** help me.

Hummm ...1935 The Japanese motorcycle industry is founded as a result of Harley-Davidson licensing blueprints, tools, dies and machinery to the Sankyo Company of Japan. The result is the Rikuo motorcycle. Ahhhh, what were they thinking? I'm not exactly sure if the industry was founded upon this gift. Hummmm...but it sounds good. Straight from HD web site.

And if you have a Rikuo motorcycle I would like to buy it. Yes -really. Some guards shipped them home to USA before Pearl harbour bombing.

Comment

I don't know where you can get mufflers but I do know that they are hard as hens teeth to find. I believe someone had repoped them at one time but I have no info on that "rumor?" I just picked up a CB 160 parts bike just for the mufflers on it. They are slightly pitted but they clean up fairly well. The closer I looked the more I could use off it. I got it at the VJMC meet in Jefferson Pa. back in Aug. Lots of good deals on this stuff. They seem to be a bunch of nice people too. I am in the process of talking a guy into selling me his non running 65 Dream. Sorry no luck on the Rikuo. A Rikuo would be something I have never seen. I wish I still had my 65 Yamaha YDS-3, that was a very fast 2 stroke 250cc street bike. Ah well, Hindsight 20/20

Jim

Comment

Finding a repop muffler manu would be nice. This is my only stopping block.

Have you ever seen a 1960 V-twin Lilac? Big web site set up all about them. I would love to see some of the really uncommon marques out at meets.

A link to the history of Japanese M/C history
        japanese M/C history in englishAll connected links are in Japanese. It's cool that this guy translated this section. Some of the photos are really neat. If you poke around through the links.

Comment

Just acquired 2 1965 CA95 Touring Benlys and 1 1966(?)CA160 that need total restos or good for parts. One good muffler on a CA95 (left) and lots of parts well worth salvaging like nice speedos w/ low mileage etc, will sell all 3 to someone that can use them if they pick them up and make decent offer.Located long Island, NY, local delivery possible.

Comment

Working...
          X