Orcas Road Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orcas Road Run

A few photos I took at the National Road Run in the Kootenay Mountains BC Canada. Based ride out of Nelson BC. 56 riders.

Departing on Ferry. Group was broken up onto three sailings. Reassembled on other side along route. Ferry ride was free!

Some folks enjoying the view from the 45min ferry ride across lake.

Glacial Lake rest stop -Top of 6000ft mtn.

Lunch stop on Fri

Experimental panoramic photo of part of group.

Orcas ferry ride

Some folks enjoying the view from the 45min ferry ride across lake.

Comment

Orcas Chapter NRR

Glacial Lake rest stop -Top of 6000ft mtn.
      A coaster race down the back side was great fun for a few of us.

Comment

Orcas National Road Run

Lunch stop Fri

Comment

Orcas NRR

Experimental panoramic photo taken in front of paddle wheeler ferry in town of Caslo BC.

Ya I know, too small. You can clearly see how the straight line of curb side bikes is visually curved. Next time I do this we'll block off the road and I'll chalk a curved line for folks to roll up to. Emulating the historic panorama photos of the past. Everyone the same distance from the lens of the camera. It was kinda rushed. You couldn't ask for a better background (thanks to one of the local guys from "The Shop".

How a historic panoramic camera works
          From the National Library of Congress

Comment

Hey Adminguy, how do you post pictures?
            I wish I could go on a road run like the pictures you have here.

Jim

Comment

Road Runs

I,m organising a run which leaves Vancouver B.C. on the 30th July 2003 and finishes in Milwaukee on the 23rd August 2003.
              After the run we'll take in the 100th Harley celebrations.
              At this stage there's about 140 bikes and almost 200 people (KIWI'S) coming on the tour and about 60 of the bikes are pre 1948 Harleys. At this stage the oldest is a 1918 J model, with the majority being J's and V.L's from 1923 to 1934. There's a couple of U.L's and about five Knuckle's coming also. Our daily milages never exceed 180 miles with most days being in the 130 to 150 miles, as we want to see the country and meet the people. All our accommodation is booked and we're riding all the way. Trailering forbidden. This forum might not be the correct place to let you Americans know what us Kiwis have planned and no doubt Admin Guy will let me know if I've done wrong but if anyone over there wants to join us they're more than welcome to. If anyone wants more details of the route we're taking and general info of our plans feel free to E-mail me and I'll send you the answers you require. We're hoping that this will be a rroad run to remember.
              Here's seeing you in 2003.
              Tommo

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
                Hey Adminguy, how do you post pictures?
                I wish I could go on a road run like the pictures you have here.

Jim
                Hi Jim, you can post by attaching a file of the correct size or by linking to a file. with a correct web address stored on another server somewhere. The size restrictions are to limit the size of files being attached to the database. So that it doesn't turn into a massive picture warehouse.

Linking to an image that is being stored on your free web space is easier if you open a second browser window and cut and paste the link address into your post when you have located the image.

Read attachments in the FAQs.
                Tip: size your image first. Check it. then attach it.
                Also note that some forums have a block on posting images. But HEY! Just ask.

The Rocky Mountains are a great ride. I'm really looking forward to the Evergreen chapter WA state National Road Run 2002.

Comment

Re: Road Runs

Originally posted by Tommo
                  I,m organising a run which leaves Vancouver B.C. on the 30th July 2003 and finishes in Milwaukee on the 23rd August 2003.
                  After the run we'll take in the 100th Harley celebrations.
                  At this stage there's about 140 bikes and almost 200 people (KIWI'S) coming on the tour and about 60 of the bikes are pre 1948 Harleys. At this stage the oldest is a 1918 J model, with the majority being J's and V.L's from 1923 to 1934. There's a couple of U.L's and about five Knuckle's coming also. Our daily milages never exceed 180 miles with most days being in the 130 to 150 miles, as we want to see the country and meet the people. All our accommodation is booked and we're riding all the way. Trailering forbidden. This forum might not be the correct place to let you Americans know what us Kiwis have planned and no doubt Admin Guy will let me know if I've done wrong but if anyone over there wants to join us they're more than welcome to. If anyone wants more details of the route we're taking and general info of our plans feel free to E-mail me and I'll send you the answers you require. We're hoping that this will be a rroad run to remember.
                  Here's seeing you in 2003.
                  Tommo
                  Hey Tommo, You are a member. You should talk to scic. About getting some additional riders or information. I'm positive you could pick up alot of guys on your way over if it was planned and alot of guys knew about it. Ask Big Steve. National RR Co-ordinator.

Possible hop in and out for some.

Trev Deeley in Van. The Island guys. Interior guys. WA- Oregon guys. Plains guys. Hey! Alot of guys are going. No Small affair.

Comment

Reply to Admin Guy

Milwaukee or Bust 2003.
                    The seeds for this trip were sown away back in 1995 and we've been planning for it ever since, knowing full well we are going to have to do some serious riding on some days. August 5th is 180 miles from Butte to Columbus, Montana and the following day to Sheridan Wyoming is another 180 mile day. Thats a couple of days of 6 hours in the saddle without stopping but hey who said it would easy. While the old bikes are doing that the moderns in our group are taking a 2 day swing down into Yellowstone and meeting back up with us in Sheridan.
                    Most of us like our creature comforts to much to sleep on the ground so all our accommodation has been prebooked and if anybody from over there joins us they'll have to organise their own beds. Please don't let that stop you as I'm sure Locals would be able to show us attractions we wouldn't find ourselves and I'll bet us Kiwis might just entertain you Americans with some of our antics. I just hope the events of September 11th don't complicate things too much as we're almost at the point of no return.
                    Anyway, anybody that wants more info on our plans e-mail me.
                    The Kiwi's are coming.
                    Regards Tommo

Comment

Working...
                    X