Front fender rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fender rivets

I have a 49 FL. The front fender is supposed to have the support bracket welded on rather than riveted. Mine has been changed at some point so I have rivets. I have been counciled to weld this one and grind the rivets smooth, originals style fenders are simply not available anymore.
    Has anyone done this before, and have comments about the job?

I haven't run into this but I will suggest that you find someone with a TIG or is really good with gas welding to sew up the holes. Then find someone with a spot welder to well the fender to the brackets. TIG could also be used. Do not braze the fender to the braces. It is not correct and it won't stand the abuse. If you need help feel free to email me.

Regards,

Peter

Comment

i may be duin this wrong but i just joined this site to get some answers to some questions i have about a 1950 indian 250cc brave i was givin, whitch is in bad shap, and dont konw how to use this site. sorry for the truble, but could you give me some direction? thanks charlie in newark ca.

Comment

Charlie, I have not found this site to be useful at all in getting replies. I am going to shut down my account.
        I found it very useful however to attend the AMCA events in my area and develop some contacts there to assist me in my restoration.

Comment

THANKS! ILL LOOK ELSWARE. CHARLIE

Comment

Working...
          X