newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie...

I've just joined AMCA...presently, i'm restoring my 1940 Flathead...I bought this bike back in 1983...before the restoration began, it was definitely a 'rat bike'...but i didn't care...lol...i just rode it everywhere...but, the way i figure it is...this ride's been around 61 long years...it deserves to be restored to perfection!
    ...was looking for other women riders in the SE PA area...i would imagine the Douglassville chapter would be about the closest to me...any others out there???

16 people have viewed this post and not a one of you took the time, or had any inclination to reply...this is not quite what i had expected when i joined the AMCA...

thanks...?????????

Comment

Hi L.A. Ok...the forums are brand new. Most members are slowly becoming computer literate. Lots of flat heads in the club. I think the magazine will be doing another story about the Community forums to get more members to participate.

Just got back from Oregon Road Run. Had the pleasure of riding with a few ladies, one on her newly aquired 36 Indian Scout! She started it up and road it like an old pro. All thou, do remember her longingly mentioning that the 1941 models were the first year for rear suspention.

Douglasville does seem to be the closest chapter to you.
      Others listed here:eastern chapters

I wonder how many fellas have taken the time to go and see how pretty you are??? (ie. your web site) I'm shocked no one has responded? I get intimidated by pretty women. Including my wife.

Please be patient. THX. Folks will come around.

Try to attend a few events in your area and you will meet some great AMCA club members.

Comment

I was one of the 16 people that read your post
        and didn't bother to repond. You appeared to be
        asking for responses from a very specific demographic.
        Female riders in SE PA. I'm a male in western
        Canada. Presumably none of the other 15 readers
        were female in PA either.
        This board is in it's infancy. Right now there
        are 38 registered users. Based on that sample
        size I think it's statistically possible that
        you're the only female in SE PA that has registered
        (perhaps even the only female) ... Perry

Comment

Thank you...

thanks...to both of you for replying...i hadn't realized how new this board was...lol

i know there are many, many folks who ride older bikes...i have quite a few friends of my own who do...guess they're all busy out ridin'!

my scoot has been down since last fall, being totally restored by an excellent restoration man in the area.

originally a '41, we found '38 & '39 parts on it...like the footboards and rear fender and a few others...a regular 'heinz 57'...lol

it's almost completely done and i cannot wait to get on and ride again! i hear bikes go up & down my neighboring streets all hours ov the day and night...it really gets to you!

i'm registering it as an antique this time...so will have to start lookin' for another bike to ride during times when i can't ride the flathead...heavy sigh...before this bike, i rode a '67 ironhead for about 6 years...quite a few bikes before that...first bike was a Triumph 500...chopped...hardtail...LOL!

i actually prefer a rigid frame...go figure...

what do the two of you ride, by-the-way???

just a note...not really looking for female riders exclusively...just wondered if there were any others out there?

again, thanks!
          L. A. (lellie)

Comment

Hey L.A. !

Hi Lellie!

Welcome to the AMC. I've been a member since the mid 70's and ride an old unrestored '36 VL. Have a 41 BT flattie too that's a street custom. Been to lots of "events" in PA over the years and always had a great time. Heading to Baltimore and to Hershey in Oct. to pick up some parts for my Hudson.

Don't get any preconceived notions about AMCA members. I think you'll find MOST of us are pretty good people and always ready to help out. Stay in touch or drop me an email with a pic of your scoot.

Bruce

Comment

hey bruce...thanks for postin'...i mistakenly stated my bike oirginally was a '41...duh!...a blonde moment...LOL...it's a 1940...

have you been to oley?
              well...i'm sure you have!lol

i read the judging threads, but was wondering...how can i find a calendar of antique shows in my area? (i'd seriously like to enter my ride and see what happens!)

there's a pic ov my flattie on my website...the old pic is the bike as it was...a silver rat bike...(smile)...newer pics of the restoration process are also there...there'll be more soon...it's almost finished!!!!!!YEEHAW!
              http://home.att.net/~lellis48/wsb/ht...ome.html-.html

...please...sign my guestbook...

Comment

Checked out your website newbie...

Nice bike! I like the color you picked, too.

I have a 1947 '45' WL Solo that I need to search a few part's bins for, to bring it up to snuff.

I hope this site takes off!!

Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!

Hey Marty!
                  I, too, hope it takes off...i'm registered and do post on a couple of other boards, but those friends ride mostly baggers and evos...

Presently, I'm awaiting a back-ordered set of races from V-TWIN...then...the bike should be finished!

It's been a long year without a ride!!

There are alot of great sites for '45' parts...if ya need any of those sites...just let me know!

Talk atcha soon...
                  Lelliebabe

Comment

Thanks Lelliebabe

I have a lot of websites stored already for parts, (plus I'm a dealer for V-Twin, Custome Chrome, Chrome Specialties, and others, so the prices are right).

Also, e-bay seems to have lots of stuff under "harley nos" or "harley oem", as well.

Hey- how'd you get that pig pic to be by your name?

Later,

Marty

Comment

V-TWIN DEALER??????

Well, then...mebbe you can tell me this...are YOU havin' any trouble with bo'd parts? LOL

to add a little pic...
                      click on 'user cp'...at the top of this page...(little blue box)
                      click on 'edit options'...
                      go to the LAST line on that page...it reads "avator"...
                      click on 'more info'...

Comment

Races

What do you need Connecting rod races? I have them in stock! better quality and cheaper than taiwan tedd! www.fatdogvintagesalvage.com

Comment

You might try the Neshaminy Valley Antique Motorcycle Club, I don't know where you live but that is near north Philly.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X