Hole placement front fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole placement front fender

Can anyone give me the exact size and placement of the front fender lamp wiring hole? The one under the forks. on a 1947 wl

hole

Palmer describes it in "The Book" I'm not sure on what page, it's essentially centered under the rear leg. Fatdog

Comment

The book

Thanks for your time FAT DOG but... the discription in THE BOOK (on page 416) does not give a good discription of placement. It just says a small hole under the fork. How is it placed specifically to the left right of center of the fender and where under the fork back leg front leg in the center?

It says the tube protrudes through the hole I guess this makes the hole 3/32 the o.d. of the tube or is it bigger to make room for the loom to come through.

If anyone can post a photo of an original fender or can give a detailed description I would appriciate it.

Comment

Just one wire passes through the hole, 45 resto sells the tube kit, I'd drill the hole where it lines up with the tube ala rear fender lamp. I did not use a tube but the early clips and drilled mine in the center of the rear leg. I emailed Palmer and he described it in this position.

Comment

Working...
        X