Dave Benassi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Benassi

Dave was a vintage motorcycle enthusiast to the utmost. He was always willing to educate or listen and learn. He was in to old bikes for the pure joy of it. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Jerry

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tw...&pid=193670187

Very sad news. Dave was a great man. Always smilin'.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Very sad news indeed! I really liked Dave, just had a nice visit with him at the meet in Wauseon.

Gene

Comment

Terrible news and a gut punch to start the week
        I appreciate you posting this up Jerry as I had not heard the news
        Dave was what this thing is all about, a selfless contributor to what we do
        I learned a great deal from Dave in the short time I knew him and he was always generous with his time and a pleasure to talk old bikes with.
        My condolences to his family and brother Paul

Comment

Dave was a selfless mentor and friend of mine, he will be sorely missed by me and all that knew him.
          His knowledge and passion for this sport was contagious and limitless.
          Dave freely shared his time and knowledge with me and many others in an effort to keep these old bikes going.
          His unselfish gift of time and knowledge to me will always be remembered!

I had the pleasure of spending time with Dave at Fremont last winter, as I followed him around listening and learning, he spoted a gas tank at a vendor who he was acquainted with.
          After checking out the tank and asking about the price, Dave gave the guy an extra hundred or two over asking price. The vendor looked surprised and I was clueless. Dave explained
          that the tank was a flat bottom knuckle tank and that the going price was more than the vendor was asking. Thats the kind of guy that Dave was!

I learned a lot from Dave and will miss him lots!

Ed

Comment

I was sad to hear about Dave's passing. I never met him in person but he spent a lot of time helping me over the phone and email with my wiring and generator issues.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiepanhead View Post
              Dave was a selfless mentor and friend of mine, he will be sorely missed by me and all that knew him.
              His knowledge and passion for this sport was contagious and limitless.
              Dave freely shared his time and knowledge with me and many others in an effort to keep these old bikes going.
              His unselfish gift of time and knowledge to me will always be remembered!

I had the pleasure of spending time with Dave at Fremont last winter, as I followed him around listening and learning, he spoted a gas tank at a vendor who he was acquainted with.
              After checking out the tank and asking about the price, Dave gave the guy an extra hundred or two over asking price. The vendor looked surprised and I was clueless. Dave explained
              that the tank was a flat bottom knuckle tank and that the going price was more than the vendor was asking. Thats the kind of guy that Dave was!

I learned a lot from Dave and will miss him lots!

Ed
              That was me Ed and I second your sentiments.

Dave was honest, kind, humble and soft spoken as the day is long. I always looked forward to seeing him at Fremont and I will miss the times we spent together and all the phone calls thru the years. Needless to say that we all lost a really genuine good person.

My condolences to the Benassi family. Rip Dave.
              AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
              X