I'm new member, just joined the AMCA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new member, just joined the AMCA.

Hello all!...….I finally joined the club, and have enjoyed and learning all the info out there. Am mostly into vintage BSA and Triumphs. Love any bike though. Hope I can learn and share what little I know. Am 65, and going on 18. I live in Kansas and may warm weather and blue skies come to everyone! Kevin (Beeza)

Welcome from NM. Glad to see another Brit enthusiast on here.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie! You got to be a little "out of the box" to enjoy and admire the Brit stuff. Hope I can join in on some issues to help and learn from this forum.

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA, Kevin. I'm getting very interested in British bikes, but I don't know very much about them, but look forward to learning more. I think I'm done with American bikes as they have become prohibitively expensive and being retired, you have to look at more affordable vices I was at the Silver Sands AMCA meet in New Smyrna last Friday, and while I was schlubbing about, there was an older gent straddling a mid '60s Triumph Bonneville. Dang! That gorgeous bike sat there purring while he shot the breeze with some buds. That image of that beautiful Triumph is now etched into my brain. . . . I guess I'll have to do something about that
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome to AMCA Eric!...Yes, the Triumphs and BSA's have a sound of there own, especially the megaphoned vintage flat trackers. Nothing like that sound!. But you have to be a little mechanic minded to ride and keep one running good. But that is true with any 60 year old bike. The Harley and Indian guys, and even the 'old Jap guys I think will chime in on that. My 65' BSA Hornet seems to be the most bullet proof and constant performer. I take it you are in the Florida area. Will be in the Nokomis area the first 3 weeks of June on my annual Tarpon trip. Thanks again! Kevin

Comment

Welcome, enjoy the forum. But better yet get involved in your local chapter, this is where you will find most of your connections to parts and knowledge close to home. It may also give you some new friends to ride with. Have fun,
            Ric

Comment

Working...
            X