Need picture of a 7 leaf 1945 harley sidecar leaf dpring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need picture of a 7 leaf 1945 harley sidecar leaf dpring

I recently bought a 1945 sidecar frame for my 1945 UL. The leaf springs were assembled very wrong but the eyes or loops are on two different leafs one short and one long for each spring. I took them to a spring shop here in Bosie and they want a good picture of one put together or an assembley drawing which i have not been able to find one thats clear yet. Does anyone have one. I did search the old posts firzt. Thanks Keith
    Last edited by Sidehacker; 12-11-2018, 04:09 PM.

Actually a picture of any leaf spring from the fortys would be ok i believe there might be more leafs included with these springs than can be used in a complete set. Did they use two eyes or one on the 1945 side cars.

Comment

Maybe this will help, my 44UL rig. This is an old picture. There are eyes on each end and the leaves are symmetrical.
      Attached Files
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

When i zoom into the middle of each spring it does look like each eye are on a different leaf i could still use a complete picture but you have definitely helped
        Thanks Keith

Comment

Robbie Knight, I wanted to say THANKS!!! for taking the time to send the picture because with your picture and the crude illustrations in the parts manual we were able to correctly put the leaf springs back together. (or at least we think its correct. lol )
          It does mean a lot cause you saved me a bunch of time
          Keith B. Walsh

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my 1959 sidecar leaf spring. The top leaf goes to the front and has an eye. It ends just past the center rivet. The second leaf ends at the front just under the eye. The rear portion of the second leaf goes to the rear where there is an eye. Just past the center rivet it becomes the top leaf. The first picture shows the front section and the second picture shows the center portion showing the front top leaf ending just past the rivet. The 40's leaf springs are probably the same as 50's.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tom, That's the conformation that takes that I hope we didn't make a mistake feeling out of the pit of my stomach. That is exactly how we did it. Thanks for helping me out.
              Keith B Walsh

Comment

Working...
              X