Jefferson Meet 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson Meet 2018

It was rumored to me yesterday from a friend that lives in PA, not far from Jefferson, that over the last several weeks there has been so much rain that the hillclimb this weekend has been cancelled and the AMCA meet is downsizing to just prepaid vendors. Is there anyone on this forum, that is part of organizing the Jefferson meet, know if any of this is true? Thanks.
    Bob Rice #6738

The Jefferson meet seems to always be muddy and wet but with all the rains lately, I'm wondering what kind of condition the grounds will be for the meet???
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

We are going to the Keystone Collective Show that Saturday night in Lancaster, was planning on trying to get to the Jefferson Meet Saturday early and maybe even Friday. Would like to know as well if plans are changing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        It was rumored to me yesterday from a friend that lives in PA, not far from Jefferson, that over the last several weeks there has been so much rain that the hillclimb this weekend has been cancelled and the AMCA meet is downsizing to just prepaid vendors. Is there anyone on this forum, that is part of organizing the Jefferson meet, know if any of this is true? Thanks.
        Hi Bob - I'm a member of the Chesapeake Chapter so here is an update. Yes the Mid-Atlantic has what seems to have been several months of nothing but rain and everywhere you go the ground is saturated. White Rose did cancel their July 28, 2018 Hillclimb due to flooding. But the latest on the White Rose Motorcycle Club website says this about the September 2018 Hillclimb.

"After receiving much interest in having a Night Hillclimb event, we are now changing our previously scheduled September 23 Hillclimb event to a September 22 Night Hillclimb." So there will be a hillclimb at White Rose this Saturday night September 22.

In regard to the Chesapeake Chapter AMCA Meet nothing has changed. While there may be some opportunity for on-site procuring of vendor spots we always just focus on pre-paid vendor arrangements. 143 vendors have paid to participate as of last night at Chesapeake Monthly Meeting. Chesapeake will have two tents for judging as we did for 2017.

We are in need of some judges so if anyone can lend a hand check in with me at the judging admin table in the dining hall. We have 33 preregistered for judging 10 of which are Winner Circle already. There is a range of motorcycles American, British, European and Japanese and we usually have a good number of people drop in for judging as well.

Mike Love

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the detailed update.
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Hog wash! I know with all certainty that on Thursday morning I will be driving to see my friends for the last time this season in a mud pit dotted with tiny duck ponds. Surfs up!
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, hope to make it there early Saturday morning. And I took the ANS tires off my bike, lets hope the mud is at a minimum.

Comment

Would love to see pictures of the Jefferson meet. I still believe Jefferson is the most beautiful location for a vintage motorcycle meet on the AMCA schedule. Even when it's wet, it pretty.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

I will take photos and post them Eric.

Mike Love

Comment

The forecast says rain today, tomorrow and heavy rain on Wed., just in time. Looks like Bob will get to see his ducks this year. I'm going to the bank this afternoon to get money for the PA turnpike!DSC04295.jpg Here's one from 2013 of the hill.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob - If we can get away with nothing falling from the sky after Friday that will be a big help. All weather for the meet is good just some are better then others. Its so interesting and encouraging to see a bunch of people standing outside in the middle of a Nor'Easter just having conversations about you name it, not looking the least bit concerned about the rain and wind. But the antique bike crowd always comes prepared with rain gear, boots, whatever it takes. We have committed to two 20 X 40 tents for judging so the process can take place in a somewhat dry way. White Rose had a night hill climb this past Saturday and I am sure the hill you posted an image of was soft.

So here is a photo of this past Saturday's crowd for the hill climb.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 3.26.21 PM.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

Dang! That is so encouraging to see such a big crowd for a hillclimb. Great picture, Mike.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Big difference Mike. Those drunken ass holes don't have to spend 3 days plus slimming away in the place. They live around the corner. The rest of us start at 150.
                          AMCA #3149

Comment

I'm good with that Robert - big difference even if we get no more rain between Tuesday and Friday it will still be wet. Tomorrow night is calling for some potential sever thunderstorms in the Mid Atlantic. If you have watched the radar this past summer it seems it has been perpetually green over South-Central PA.

Mike Love

Comment

You will never hear the word drought on the eastern sea board this year for sure.
                              AMCA #3149

Comment

Working...
                              X