Now what do I do with L&W gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what do I do with L&W gone?

I see that L&W website is kind of done. Where do I find parts now. I may need a windshield.

http://l-w-body.com/

Comment

Bummer to hear this but it was bound to happen eventually.
      AMCA #765

Comment

I wish Merle the best, Folks!

He's got a better exit strategy than I do...

....Cotten
        PS: Paulc!
        I'm running something I found in an alley.
        My hack shields were "temporary" anyway; A step in front of the fender took them out.
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I have had windshields made at local plastics shop.

Comment

Merle certainly shown his passion and hard work ethic for others to enjoy our Hobby. God Bless

Comment

I called about the nice RL fenders he made and he told me $1450.00. Too steep for me . I had called and left messages and he never returned any calls, so you have to speak to him when he is there

Comment

I'll put up some money that he will be at Wauseon! Side of the grandstand, just before number 1 turn on the track. He was still there last year sell his parts. Most likely selling his last parts. Liked the parts that I bought from him.

Comment

I haven't bought anything from Merle for a number of years, but what I did get from him was first class, and far better than most aftermarket. People think craftsmen like Merle will be doing this stuff forever, but you better patronize them while you can. I always remember telling a friend about some VL parts at Davenport. A fellow was making some very limited, hard to find parts. My friend said, "I'm not working on the VL now, so I'm not interested". A year later he asked me for contact info on that guy. A lot of smart-ass comments came to mind but I just shrugged my shoulders.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

i need a windshield plastic & the fabric apron for my 37 sidecar. who may have them available now that L&W is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by john fretschl View Post
                      I'll put up some money that he will be at Wauseon! Side of the grandstand, just before number 1 turn on the track. He was still there last year sell his parts. Most likely selling his last parts. Liked the parts that I bought from him.
                      Merle wasn't there this year.
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Merle Wolfe passed away on September 7 2018 at the age of 77. May he RIP.
                        www.parthemore.com
                        Last edited by jim d; 09-10-2018, 04:59 PM.
                        Jim D

Comment

Just won't be the same at the meets a 5:00am. Rest easy Merle.
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

RIP Merle Wolfe. Condolences to the Wolfe family.
                            AMCA #765

Comment

We were neighbors at the old Howard Johnson's meets in Orlando back in the '70s. I got a sidecar interior, and windshield apron from him back in the late '80s. I didn't know what to expect as far as quality; but I was gob struck when I got it. It was first class work, and fit perfectly. Merle was a true craftsman. It's people like him that made the resurrection of incomplete, basket case bikes, and sidecars possible. My deepest condolences to his family, and friends.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X