"New" member from western PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" member from western PA

Hello. I live in Western PA and was a member of AMCA in the 70's as a young man. Put together a 48 Chief from parts and started it while I was still 18, still have it after everything else has come and gone. My modern ride is a 1972 Shovelhead sidecar. Feels good to be back.

Great to have you back. I had a '48 Chief as well. Mine had been buried in a hole at a plant nursery in Southern Georgia. I should have kept that bike.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome from Gettysburg, PA! I guess that '48 Chiefs were great starter bikes for some of us... my first antique motorcycle was a Prairie Green Chief, loved that bike and the unique color.
      AMCA # 3233

Comment

Welcome from the ghettos of Jersey City. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Greeting's Bubbalowe, great to see another fallen member re-up the club! I joined the AMCA in 1971, when i received my Michigan State driving privileges. My 1st M/C was my Dad's 1955 FLH Police Special, that he was issued from the Detroit Police M/C Division, the year i was born. Worked for Dot & Earl Robinson H.D. when i was still in High School--that sure was a 'Whole Lotta' Fun'!!!
          Too bad the AMCA doesn't recognize original membership status when you skip a few years in-between. Oh Well, Welcome back!!!

jan-18-Robinsons-lfa.jpg -->Dot & Earl Robinson-1955. That pan was somewhere in this lineup. Also, H.D.'s very first Police Department M/C contract was for the Detroit Police in 1908. *Built in 1936, at the height of the Depression. Notice the bricks, one of the 1st dealerships to be completely Fireproof.

-->Hey Bob L., owe You a beer or two, are You going to make Wauseon this year?

*M.A.D.*
          Last edited by JoJo357; 06-25-2018, 08:53 AM. Reason: addition information.

Comment

Welcome back Sir! Enjoy the forum and all the
            rest of what comes with AMCA membership.
            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              Great to have you back. I had a '48 Chief as well. Mine had been buried in a hole at a plant nursery in Southern Georgia. I should have kept that bike.
              Guess they were hoping to grow some more 48 Chief Eric.

Mike Love
              AMCA Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbalowe View Post
                Hello. I live in Western PA and was a member of AMCA in the 70's as a young man.
                Welcome back - feel free to contact me anytime if you need any help with the Forum. A lot of great folks on the Forum that are engaged, active and always willing to help out with problems.

Mike Love
                AMCA Forum

Comment

Working...
                X