Source for thin Whitworth wrenches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for thin Whitworth wrenches?

Does anyone out there have a source for either vintage (or REPO) Whitworth 'flat/stamped' wrenches? I have a set of new wrenches, but want to assemble a hopefully smallish travel toolkit, to do at least a wheel change on a PreUnit, but don't want heavy, l-o-n-g wrenches. Something along these lines (but not required to be vintage Triumph brand). Thanks for any leads or sources. ToolKit.jpg

Hi sprangerny, there might be a lot more of these in the Uk than the US as most British bikes and cars up to at least the 50's used Whitworth.

For example those triumph wrenches (spanners here in the UK) are quite common.

If you look at ebay.co.uk and see some items that you like one option might be to ship them to me and I can forward them on as one package as opposed to multiple transatlantic packages which would be much more expensive.

John

Comment

John: very kind offer. Will keep that as an option, if US eBay sites don't have any sensible offerings. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sprangerny View Post
        Does anyone out there have a source for either vintage (or REPO) Whitworth 'flat/stamped' wrenches? I have a set of new wrenches, but want to assemble a hopefully smallish travel toolkit, to do at least a wheel change on a PreUnit, but don't want heavy, l-o-n-g wrenches. Something along these lines (but not required to be vintage Triumph brand). Thanks for any leads or sources. [ATTACH=CONFIG]22017[/ATTACH]
        The flat spanners you are looking for to fit a pre-unit Triumph (by Triumph part #) are:
        PA 57 - 1/2 x 9/16 ww closed
        DA311 - 5/8 x 11/16 ww closed
        DA 72 - 1/2 x 9/16 ww open
        Above 3 are for wheel/wheel bearing nuts
        PA 56 - combination general spanner
        KA 50 - .375" x 1/8 open
        DA313 - open C for Girling units
        NA65 - closed .218" x 3/16 ww Tappets
        DA5 - closed .218" x .338" square Tappets
        DA70 - Key, clutch adjuster
        415116 - magneto points adjust

All other Triumph tool kit tools are normal forged wrenches, screwdrivers, tyre or other specialty tools.

Should be easy to find at a swap meet or maybe from British bike part dealers as at least some of them would be the same for the later Triumph models.

AFJ

Comment

This might help as well.

http://ozwrenches.com/sales-motorbikes.htm#triumph

Comment

Originals are often on Ebay!!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...anner&_sacat=0
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

John: here's an example of a set of tools that's for sale NOW on Ebay. But they want close to $100 to ship to the US. Seems pretty high for shipping. Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-MOT...19.m1438.l2649

Comment

Working...
              X