B.S.A Trans needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.S.A Trans needed

WANTED TO BUY; I need to buy transmission for a 1963 BSA 350 (B44 I believe) I'll even concider a complete bottom end with a trans. According to my British bike buddy it has to be from a 350, a 250 or 441 trans won't work. I really don't want to take it apart unless I know I have the stuff to put it right back together or I'd tear it down and then search for just the parts I need. Please help this things too cute not to ride.

A 350 is a B40, not 44. They were also used in UK military contracts so parts should be out there. Just make sure of the ratios as wide ratio were fitted on some off-road versions.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

i have a B40 that swallowed a valve, if you're going to oley let me know before 9 am an i'll throw it on the truck. anybody know what a bottom end of one of them is worth? lte me know
      dave

Comment

Lots of them in the UK. I just typed "BSA Gearbox" into an ebay.co.uk search and got loads of hits for all types of unit and pre-unt boxes.

You may find someone who will ship internationally.

Also, there was a complete engine and box for a B31 (different bike I know) that is up for £500 which would give a starting point to work out the value of a bottom end and box for a B40.

Edit. I searched for BSA B40 gearbox and got a couple of hits for gear clusters for a B40 at £50 each. Both in the Uk but it may be worth contacting the sellers to ask about shipping.

John
        Last edited by TechNoir; 04-25-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vride5 View Post
          i have a B40 that swallowed a valve, if you're going to oley let me know before 9 am an i'll throw it on the truck. anybody know what a bottom end of one of them is worth? lte me know
          dave
          I'll be at Oley also but I won't have room or funds for another whole bike. If we can agree on a fair price I'll be glad to buy the trans or even the bottom end. I have no idea what it's worth. I paid $700.00 for the whole bike, if that helps you any, but I might have gotten a good deal. I also need a chrome front fender and a petcock that works. If you can come up with a price let me know.
          P.S. Thanks to Rubone again for the education. I know Harleys fairly well but Brit stuff not so much, this thing was too cute and cheap to pass up, and I've got a buddy who's an absolute genius (and freak) with single cylinder Brit stuff so I had to do it. Plus my wife loves seeing my 300 lb rear end buzzing past the house on this little bitty bike.
          Last edited by Flathead fathead; 04-25-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I have a bit smaller one...my C15SC

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yours looks a lot like mine. As I said I don't know much about Brit stuff, is yours a 250?

Comment

Yes, it is. I also have a Triumph Tiger cub which is a 200. The original single unit construction engine from this family was the Triumph Terrier, a 150. The last was the BSA B50 500s in the early '70s, they ended in '72. The later 250 Triumph and 250 BSA were the same bike with different name tags. Some of the parts you need may be common to other models.
                Last edited by Rubone; 04-25-2018, 09:33 AM.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Again thanks for the education. I had a early seventies Triumph 250 20 plus years ago. Although my current '63 BSA looks different I imagine it was the later models that were the same. As far as the trans is concerned I'm told I have to find a 350 only trans. Apparently nothing else fits.

Comment

Working...
                  X