Neracar - Brown and Barlow Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neracar - Brown and Barlow Carb

I am wondering if anyone knows the threads and size of the fuel inlet connector for the Brown and Barlow carb on my Neracar project. I have tried a thread gage but nothing I have seems to fit.
    As you can see from the pictures there is a fine and coarse thread. I am trying to make up a fuel line.
    Conversely, Does anyone know what the size the Neracar fuel lines ends ( carb and tank valve) were ??
    As always, thanks
    Dan
    IMG_2080.jpgIMG_2081.jpg

Have you checked to see if it's a metric thread? Maybe it's a British standard Witwoth?
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark:
      thanks for the reply and although I don't have a whitworth thread gage, I believe you are correct.
      Although I still have a lot to learn with my machining skills , I think I will try to rethread with something a bit more common.
      I am using a Harley Davidson JD/Vl petcock off the bottom of the Neracar tank. Would you or anyone know offhand the thread size and type of the Harley petcock ??
      As always,
      thanks
      Dan

Comment

If you ran a vernier over the outside and gave us an idea of the sizes we might be able to assist you a lot easier.
        My guess is that the fine thread is BRITISH CYLINDER Thread and going by my B&B carbs would be 9/16 x 26 TPI thread.
        The coarse thread looks like 1/4 BRITISH STANDARD PIPE thread and if it is it will be 19 TPI.
        BSP differs from the American NPT thread by 1 TPI.
        1/4 BSP is 19 TPI whereas 1/4 NPT is 18 TPI
        They both should measure close on 1/2 inch over the tops of the thread.
        HD fuel tap thread is 15/32 x 24 TPI.
        Those B&B elbows are hard to find so please don't destroy such a lovely original part.
        I do have the HD tap nut and bull nose that goes on the end of the fuel line.
        We have made a run of these in brass and they sell for $25.oo the pair. (1 nut and 1 nipple)
        Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
        A.M.C.A. # 2777
        Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Be aware that most British Standard threads are 55 degrees rather than 60. BSC (British Standard Cycle) were 60 degress though, I think. Most BSC were 26 tpi.

Bob Turek
          AMCA #769

Comment

Guys:
            thanks for all the help. Peter, PM sent,
            thanks to all,
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X