Pricing guidance on a '54 Speed Twin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing guidance on a '54 Speed Twin?

Can anyone give me any advice/guidance on 'pricing' in the US for a 1954 Speed Twin: looks to be mostly complete but no way of knowing if it turns-over. Looking to find out a 'range' of prices before I drive a couple hundred miles, round trip, to inspect before an auction. The NADA guide says between $3,120 ('Fair') to $5,455 (Good condition). Appreciate AMCA members' thoughts. 1954-a.jpg1954-b.jpg

UPDATE: Didn't hear back from anyone on pricing . . . . so put a bid in for $4,000. That bid did NOT win. So someone wants it more than myself, presumably. Will keep hunting around.

Comment

I don't know Triumphs, but I do watch them on ebay. I think $4K was definitely not enough. Rigid frame Triumphs in that condition, and of that vintage seem to do a lot better than that in auction; even if they don't run.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Was a long shot. Didn't really need another project bike. But it was a local auction. Hey, you never know! T5-SideView.jpgBikes.jpg

Comment

Hi, I missed this the first time around. Sorry that you didnt get the bike, as eric says they seem quite sought after. I think in the USA 50's bikes seem to be quite popular which must help the value.

John

Comment

I was a bit worried about the fact it had a 'sprung rear hub'. And with 22k miles, it would likely mean a $3,000 bill for a complete engine rebuild. Can probably find a really nice one for $10k. But like project bikes anyway. No rush to buy something that will take several years to re-build! But, ahhhh, the satisfaction when they are finished and running!

Comment

Working...
            X