No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all
    I am new to this forum but not new to vintage bikes-I am looking forward to spending some time here
    Steve from the east coast

Welcome to he forum

Comment

Welcome, Steve. This forum can always use new voices. What bikes do you have?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Welcome, Steve. This forum can always use new voices. What bikes do you have?
        As far as vintage?
        48 Chief
        76 Flh
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome, nice motorcycles! Love the Chief, lots of good folks on here.
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Steve. I had a '48 Chief that was painted black. That is a great look, and you did a beautiful job on yours.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Steve. I had a '48 Chief that was painted black. That is a great look, and you did a beautiful job on yours.
              Actually that is how I bought it.All I did so far was degrease, buff the paint,clean all the nook and crannies.I'm going to improve on it though, it is a numbers-matching chief. l am going to change the seat, go through all the Mechanicals excluding the engine and transmission because bucks Indian in West Virginia already did that. I probably am going to repaint it and since the frame has been painted already strip it down and have it powder coated.I am not going to throw a bunch of Chrome on it.
              That's going to be this Winter's project last winter was a 41 Lincoln and my son's truck I'm trying to finish. Thanks for the welcome and the interest
              Last edited by 2nevets; 02-23-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Personally, I would not powder coat the frame. Powder coat can have that 'plastic' look, like it's made out of PVC tubing. AMCA judges can spot it a mile away, and even if you don't intend to have it judged, the bike is too nice to not paint it. There are numerous threads on this forum, and others about paint vs. powdercoat for antique vehicles. At the end of the day, it's your decision.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

I'll check it out.
                  Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Hello, I am new here.

Comment

Personally, I would not powder coat the frame. Powder coat can have that 'plastic' look, like it's made out of PVC tubing. AMCA judges can spot it a mile away, and even if you don't intend to have it judged, the bike is too nice to not paint it. There are numerous threads on this forum, and others about paint vs. powdercoat for antique vehicles. At the end of the day, it's your decision.
                      I too agree that Paint "looks" better and that powder coat has that plastic look. As Eric said... it's your bike and decision.
                      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by Georgefowell View Post
                        Hello, I am new here.
                        Hello back
                        So am I

Comment

Working...
                        X