Indian sidecar painting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian sidecar painting.

Question was the inside painted the same color as the outside? Or was the inside painted black?

All the one's I've ever seen where painted the same color as the outside.
    20scout

Comment

Originally posted by 20scout View Post
      thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by 20scout View Post
        That's been my observation also. It's hard to say for sure, because a lot can happen in that many years, but I've always had the impression that they were painted the same inside and out. It would make sense too, whether they dipped them or sprayed them, why would they go to the trouble of masking off and doing two colors. Good question though.

Kevin

Kevin
        https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I agree, painted same as the interior. However, early ones were lined with the same fabric as used on the seat, at least into the late 20's I believe.

Gene

Comment

I painted mie the same as the outside.

Comment

John, did your hack come in? Please send me some pics to my email.

Comment

I have a 1940 Indian sidecar. The inside was the same color as the outside. Same as the bottom. The inside and bottom seem to be more overspray than anything. I don't think the inside would be show quality finish.
                - Dana

Comment

Working...
                X