Triumph 5T tail light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph 5T tail light

My 1948 T5 has a vintage tail light - but not the original. Looks like the rear lens assembly might be correct, but the rear fastening/removable section to replace the lamp is from an even earlier application. 1.) does anyone know what these sections might be 5T-TailLight-A.jpg5T-TailLight-B.jpgfrom? 2.) does anyone have a lead on where I might find an 'original', non-repro, example to purchase, from either a 1947 or 1948?5T-TailLight-Book.jpg

Hi sprangernyI thought you were after an MT110?

The light that you have looks like the 1950 "tapered" light?

The light in the drawing is an MT110.

The MT110 has a different front and rear section to the one that you have. Here are 2 pictures of the one I have (you have reminded me that its about the only thing that I still need to refurb for my bike. I have a repro on at the moment to provide both tail and stop light)

IF you need an MT110 then in the UK original ones in the condition of mine can go for between $350 to $500 and you then still need to refurb it. They are quite rare and sought after.

They might be less desirable in the USA so you might get one for less if you can find one.

John

Comment

John: thanks for the identification. Have a cheapo repo one on as a replacement, so I can at least be seen in traffic (w/6v led bulb). And will wire a cheapo brake switch next. Will stay on the lookout for The Real Deal and 'maybe' buy one if it's sorta used looking but serviceable. Going for "mostly original" and riding it here in Daytona most every day. Thanks again, Doug

Comment

I will keep a lookout for one, they do crop up occasionally.

John

Comment

Working...
        X