John Hoeinghaus - aka - Hobo John

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hoeinghaus - aka - Hobo John

Very sad to report the passing of Hobo John, as we all knew him. As good a person as I have ever known, true biker and good friend. John had lot's of friends, just trying to git the word out. He would stop what he was doing in an instant to help a friend, but would almost never ask for help. He loved choppers and rode them all over the country. Went on rides and did not come back for years at a time in the 70's, how he got the nickname :-) Served in the Navy on the U S Klondike and was proud of it. In later years he got into the antiques, he loved Harley's, especially 2 cams and owned one and several Indians. Started out on BSA's if I remember right as a teenager. He was a skilled machinist and gave me many pointers - which I surely needed ! We became good friends over the last 25 years playing with our machines together. Really enjoyed visiting about our days at sea, or our projects or whatever else was going on, when he would stop by.John was a truely good fellow and he well be missed by many. Once arrangements are made, we well have info on the So Cal website and on our facebook page. Some shot's of John R.I.P. my ol friend
    Attached Files

Tom, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you and John were the best of friends. The last time I seen you two was when you rolled up to George's when I was down south for Born Free. John was real and "old school" when it meant something. He will be missed. I hope you can take a break and catch Dixon this year. Best regards, Rich
    DrSprocket

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Tom. 2017 has been a hard year thus far. My deepest condolences to John's family, and friends.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Richard and Eric, yes, been a tough year so far. He is the info on John's service for any interested - Tuesday June 13th at Riverside National Cemetery 22495 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, Cal. 92518 at 11.45 am well be a short service and then a gathering at at near by Pizza place. I might be at the swapmeet Richard, not sure yet - I was counting on going with Hobo, well see

Comment

tom - sorry for your loss. tough year out my way as well. go to dixon for hobo and enjoy the meet for yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X