SoCal AMCA - Monthly Brunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal AMCA - Monthly Brunch

I decided to ride my 1949 Harley 45 to this event today; first time in doing so.
    It's once a month from 10a to 11a; and then a ride occurs there after.
    I arrived at 9:40 and stayed until 10:20.
    I never saw another old motorbike. Ha!
    Oh well.

Fortunately it was the perfect temperature for a ride from Long Beach to Orange and I needed to add 30 miles to my new motor.
    That is all.
    Matt Allyn
    1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

I feel your thoughts, and I think a lot of people forget the first word in AMCA... meaning Antique! ;^) I've also felt that way when I ride my '36 VLH to a local chapter AMCA meeting and I don't see any other ANTIQUE bikes there.
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Haha. Well maybe my 1949 45 isn't Antique enough. Would love to sell it and upgrade to a 1928 to 1931 Indian 101 Scout; but alas....they are very pricey. Would probably have to sell some of my other old vehicles as well to afford one.
      Matt Allyn
      1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

Comment

You should of come over and introduced yourself, I saw your motorcycle and gave it a look over. Our chapter is having some issues, but there is usually at least one or two bikes there. Tom Hart almost always rides, but many of our members are getting up there in age or having other issues. But we are trying to git the meetings going again. I am almost always there, but I am struggling with a serious condition - to many projects :-) I well try to be there on one of my Scout's next month - try. Just need to do maintenance. But I am working on a model T, a 47 Chevy 2 ton COE and I have a 14 Indian twin and a Chout project in the works. We have some good runs through the year, your 45 would be welcome in the fun. Hope to see ya next month and meet ya in person. I am in Gardena and ride around the PV area regular. Just too many projects, but I like working on em :-)

Comment

No, I think a 1949 is plenty old enough. It's the later model bikes from the 70s-80s and UP that I don't consider antiques. No... I am not trying to deny the fact that some of these DO qualify as legal antiques, and they really are antiques, but when you remember them as "new" well... they just don't seem that old! HAHA!!
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Hey Tom,
            I didn't really know anyone was there.
            Just expected to see motorbikes in the parking lot; ha!
            Maybe next month; if I find a friend to ride over with me....so if I eat, I'm not alone.
            Haha
            Thanks
            Matt Allyn

Comment

Hi Matt, if I have a Scout up next month - I well give ya a heads up and ride over, sorry we missed ya.

Comment

this was our last brunch, forgot to give ya a head's up sorry Matt. I have some stuff going on and I am preoccupied. Well try to give ya a heads up for the next one. We visited Johnny Eagles afterwards, he was working on a JD he has owned since the 50's. Grace McKean rode 70 + miles each way solo to attend, Grace is 83 and still going strong ! She still has and rides a 51 HD 45 she bought brand new in 51 ! awesome lady. I rode my Bit's of Sport Scout, 32 miles each way and then Tom Hart and I rode down back to my place along the coast :-) I hope to be on my SS in your area both days this weekend. Sat, I well ride through Long Beach for a model T gathering and Sunday morning I plan on going around PV :-)
                Attached Files

Comment

I totally did forget about today; but wish I hadn't! My wife and I just bought a 1959 Lambretta TV175 scooter....so we were busy playing with it and riding it!
                  Well the pictures look great; especially the Scout!! I would have enjoyed a ride down the coast! I may try to attend the vintage motorcycle meet next Sunday here: http://www.vintagebikeoc.com/home/index.php
                  Thanks for thinking of me!
                  Matt Allyn

Comment

That is a good gathering, Joe doe's a good job with it, lot's of machines, good folks have fun

Comment

Working...
                    X