Heidenau Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heidenau Tires?

Has anyone put many miles on Heidenau Vintage tires, model K-34? I'm considering using the 3.50x19's for the Cannonball and want to get feedback from somebody that has used them, specifically on a sidecar rig but any input is appreciated. http://heidenautires.com/vintage-motorcycle-tires/

Thanks! Gene

Dear Gene, I haven't put more than break-in mileage on them but have Heidenau 4.00 x 18 and 4.00 x 19 on several restored bikes now. They have the vintage look, are speed rated, and less expensive than the unrated Cokers.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I see all those as advantages over the Cokers. I'm looking for good tires for the Cannonball on my 24 Chief sidecar rig. I'm limited on tire width because of the front spring link width, which is just over 4".

Gene

Comment

Gene, I have been running a K-34 on my '65 BMW R50/2 for several years. No issues and I like the performance of the tire. It was highly recommended by the rebuilder of the engine.

Lyle

Comment

Gene,

I have found the K-34 excellent on the road. Aussie bitumen back roads most of the time. Usually sit on around 100 kph and found that they handle very well on my VL. The best handling tyre that I have had. The only issue is that I did not get very good mileage from them compared to the Mitas and others that I had run prior. Noticeably quieter and a better ride due to the extra width.

I did have Cokers originally and if that was all I could get i would park the bike. That is unless they have changed them. The main issue was the grip in the wet. There was none.

Phill

Comment

Thanks for the info Phil. Mileage is a big issue as I'm running a sidecar and would like to avoid changing rear tires along the way, but may have to....

gene

Comment

Working...
            X