Well I did it - bought another one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I did it - bought another one.

I believe it is a 1923 by the number near the seatpost. I also got the transmission for it but nothing else. Came from a friend who got it out of a shed in southern Minnesota.
    Attached Files

looks like a great foundation. you guys good we hope.
    gww57.com

Comment

Jerry
      Looks like a 23 rear fender to me. With that wide fork and front fender the engine should be a 74" and NOT a 61" unless you're just building a rider.
      Everything looks to be in really solid condition. Good score.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Yes Gary - Debi and I are good. Hope the best for you and Linda too. We are going to be on the Colorado Road Run in June out of Blackhawk. You going to be around?

Jerry

Originally posted by gww View Post
        looks like a great foundation. you guys good we hope.

Comment

Mark I was wondering about that wide frontend. I was thinking that maybe it was just a later front but everything looks so undisturbed. I do not see a restoration out of it but Cannonball did cross my mind. I would be looking for an engine if one was out there.

Jerry

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
          Jerry
          Looks like a 23 rear fender to me. With that wide fork and front fender the engine should be a 74" and NOT a 61" unless you're just building a rider.
          Everything looks to be in really solid condition. Good score.
          Mark

Comment

Jerry
            In 1922 and 1923, the 74" used the wide fork and front fender without divots in the valence while the 61" used the earlier -16 rear leg and a wide fender with divots in the valences to fit the narrow fork.
            Sent u a PM.
            Mark
            Mark Masa
            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

we will be there. look n forward to catch n up.
              gww57.com

Comment

Yeah Steve it looks real solid. With any luck the frame won't need anywhere near the work my last Cannonball bike did.

Originally posted by Steve Swan View Post
                wow, that chassis looks to be a beauty !

Comment

Mark This is a picture of what I have. I need everything else. Does the number on the frame correspond in any way to the serial number that would have been on the engine? Jerry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok Jerry, know what you need now.
                    If you are going for correctness and your frame is marked 23F xxxx, then the trans should have a letter L and while the serial numbers between the engine, frame, and transmission do not match, they tend to be somewhat close. In the neighborhood of within 100 to 500 of each other.
                    Mark
                    Mark Masa
                    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark

I doubt that I am going to go that much for correctness -- I do not have that much time or money. I was just curious more than anything.

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
                      Ok Jerry, know what you need now.
                      If you are going for correctness and your frame is marked 23F xxxx, then the trans should have a letter L and while the serial numbers between the engine, frame, and transmission do not match, they tend to be somewhat close. In the neighborhood of within 100 to 500 of each other.
                      Mark

Comment

Jerry
                        I sent you an email but I'm not sure if I have ur current one. If you didn't get it, pm me with a correct one.
                        Thanks
                        Mark
                        Mark Masa
                        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Hello Jerry, nice score--if you're just building a rider, i have an early 20's J Motor and most of the trans/clutch laying around doing nothing. *M.A.D*

Comment

JoJo Thanks for the reply but I think I would like to stick with q 23/24 engine. I've got time and I will keep it in mind. Most of the JD stuff I own is 25 and newer but some would work.

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                            Hello Jerry, nice score--if you're just building a rider, i have an early 20's J Motor and most of the trans/clutch laying around doing nothing. *M.A.D*

Comment

Working...
                            X