Side stand is driving my nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side stand is driving my nuts!

Guys, It seems no matter what I do I just can't get my side stand to stop slipping on the frame. I've tried repeated tightening, I've lined the inner portion of the two brackets with abrasive for added bite. Nothing seems to work well. All I keep getting is a bike that leans further and further over. Does anyone have a way to secure this bracket so it stays put once and for all?

Also, does anyone haven any type of material they've used to coat, or protect the bottom of the center stand. My frame is gloss black and the new paint is just getting chipped and beat up every time I put the bike on the stand. I was thinking of possibly using something like a smooth coat of rubber truck bed liner on the bottom of the stand. I hate to do something like that, but I would think it would at least look better than chipped paint.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Does anyone have a way to secure this bracket so it stays put once and for all?
    Check for gap between parts when tightened, file lower half if no gap then really tighten that puppy.
    Bicycle tire patch works on stands.

Comment

Working...
    X