Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Excelsior cylinders may be available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Excelsior cylinders may be available!

I recently spoke with Stuart Ritchie about the possibility of making Excelsior cylinders for 16-24 X. While the parts list shows one set of cylinders from 16-24, there are a number of differences. This would mean making one design that will fit all models, but they will work and look fine, only a few of us even know the differences! He would probably use the 18-22 era cylinders as a pattern.

He is willing and eager to make these cylinders IF enough will commit to a set. He needs at least 10 sets on order with a deposit before he will go ahead. He stated that he could have them ready in about 6 months, once enough have committed to a set. The cost would be about 3200-3500 $ for a set. BBinns is looking into a sand printing option for making patterns which may possibly reduce the cost.

I know these cylinders are very hard to find and they all need lots of work. I'm having 2 sets worked on and when they're done, I probably could have bought new cylinders for the price of buying used ones and repairing them! He can make some changes to increase reliability over the originals, such as increasing the wall thickness, increasing the valve seat depth and using a higher grade of iron than the originals used.

So, if you are interested and could commit to a set, please contact Stuart directly at: jdjugs@gmail.com
    Please feel free to share this information with other Excelsior owners that may be interested.

Gene Harper
Working...
X