September Chattanooga Tn Road Run Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Chattanooga Tn Road Run Question

I am interested in registering for the road run, but have not been able to find any general information like normally posted for road runs. Only where to register. Is any of the normally provided info on general interery, host hotel, or points of interest for this road run available (or when will it be available)? Thanks.

You can go to the main AMCA page and click on the road run and register there. I did everything on line which seems to be the way they are trying to get folks to do it but you can down load the form and do it via snail mail as well. I did back a couple of months ago. Got hotel etc. and general daily rides are there too. Longish first day at 260 miles so make sure your bike is ready. I'm sure there are some details that are still being finalized but looks like they have it pretty much done. Some of my group are going to Maggie Valley for a few days before hand and do some riding there as well. See you there!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA#12766

Comment

I usually go to the chapter newsletter portion of this site for info and to the chapter holding the road run website for a lot of the info you need.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks. I have gone to AMCA roadrun refgristration page several times but no info on roadrun details. Also went to Facebook link for the road run and found only a poster picture. When I click on it, I find several questions from people also asking for info. I don't beleive this chapter has a newsletter yet. You said hotel, etc, general rides are there too. Where is "there too". Is it a separate link. The reason I am asking is because I would like to find out the particulars before I register. Any help appreciated, thanks.
        Last edited by Buster; 03-01-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Buster,
          I think the only way you can get the info is by going to the pre-registration portion and sign up. If you don't like what you see you don't have to pull the trigger at the end. Go to the main AMCA page and click on events and pick from the list. They ask for your name and AMCA # and then the particular event and redirect you from there. Like I say I think that is the only way you can get the info. I was going to go no matter what so I went through the whole deal and Keith Kizer sent me an email response with the hotel and other info. and I signed up right away. Don't know why all the secrecy and secret hand shake stuff to sign up but me and a group of us decided we were going no matter what so it didn't really matter. Might try Keith with an email and see what he says as he has been helpful to me in the past. I personally am not a big fan of all this high tech sign up stuff. I am a low tech guy and ride low tech (now) motorcycles. I figured since this was the only run east of the Mississippi this year it would fill up fast and didn't want to miss out. This is the 10th year for me on road runs and now I have other chapter members hooked too. Good Luck and hope to see you, and you too Rich, there.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA #12766

Comment

Thanks Rollo. I went to amca registration page and filled out info all the way to entering credit payment, but got no description of event. Guess I just can't figure it out. If I had clicked next button, payment would have been completed.

Comment

Howdy Rich,

Are you and your crew from SoCal coming, per chance, our weather is great that time of year? We signed up for this and Colorado they minute they opened.
              Cheerio,
              Peter
              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Peter, Long time no see (Wisconsin). The boys (the usual crew) and I are doing Washington and our 9th Chapter national road run in Lake Tahoe this year. We had are first in 1989 . Next year I'll be back east for what I hope will be the 10th year anniversary of the Catskill road run in New York which I hope comes off. 30 years since my first national road run Rollo. They are the best part of the AMCA for my money. Keep the wheels going round. Rich
                DrSprocket

Comment

Howdy sir,

Like all of them that one was fun, imagine those cases of Yuengling never made it as far back as Ca., but how bout Texas, that was a blast. But will always remember your super sanitary Super X from the Lake Tahoe run back in the early 90's.

Cheerio,
                  Peter

Comment

Buster,

Keith should send you an email if you filled out your name and AMCA number. It may take a day or so. If you haven't heard from him by them send him and email. They definitely have it al planned out. I think one issue is they have limited rooms available so they only want those who are going to be there to reserve rooms and no a ton of folks reserve and then back out leaving a bunch of empty rooms.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                    AMCA #12766

Comment

What is the host hotel for the Smoky Mountain roadrun? Can't seem to find any info or details. I missed the registration deadline but was hoping to get in anyway.

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Acceptional event capped off by awesome locations for opening and closing get togethers of which the banquet held outdoors in the quadrangle at the train museum downtown Chattanooga with many bikes lined up alongside the railroad cars. The raffle included many items of interest but what spurred many attendees to purchase additional tickets was this item, an expertly hand rendered instrument built around a Hummer headlight cowl(?).

Very appropriate as the missus and I recently coming of the Sunflower Blues Festival, Sourthern Heritage Festival, King Biscuit Blues Festival next week followed by the Crescent City Blues & BBQ in New Orleans only 2 days later. Making a bracket now for this to take up residence with my multiple signed Gibson knock off in the old shop.

My gratitude to the tireless organizers for this piece and a very well run event.

Cheerio,
                        Peter

Comment

Peter, Some of the best roads I've ever ridden. My thanks too for your rescue of two of my fellow riders on two separate occasions with your huge white motorcycle ambulance. Rich
                          DrSprocket

Comment

Glad to do so sir, both patients faint of pulse and no longer ambulatory. The missus marveled that of the two machines fetched back to the ranch four days apart from each other both operated out of the same van/riding group, what're the chances of that out of 160 plus machines there.

If the hapless chap is on here I stopped to check on enroute back while carrying one of the above machines on Saturday night with the other red Chief kaput or nearly so riding in the dark on the shoulder of I 24, I should have given you my cell in case you didn't make it. Forget to in the life threatening thunder and wind of passing semi's on that split exit I chose unwisely to stop in the middle of.
                            Last edited by PRG; 09-26-2017, 06:51 PM.
                            Cheerio,
                            Peter

Comment

I have been to five road runs in past two years and this one was the bEst planned/managed I have attended. This chapter spent a lot of time on preparation. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X