New Member, S. E. Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, S. E. Ohio

I have been looking for a club, and riding companions, that I might fit into. So, I just joined AMCA, and the newly formed Buckeye chapter.

I am a retired 68 year old, and Army veteran ('68~'71), living in a small town (Malta) in southeastern Ohio.

My first bike was a 1966 Honda Dream 300, which I used to obtain my motorcycle endorsement, back in 1973. I am currently riding a 1982 Honda GL500.

My other interests are competitive handgun shooting and Whitetail Deer hunting. Oh, and I have been married to the same woman since 1971 . . . which is probably why I swear, smoke cigars and drink beer.

Welcome to the club and forum. I am on about the same latitude as you just across the state close to Indiana.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Welcome to the club Dave,

I've been involved with the AMCA since the late 70's and can't say enough about all the positive things that happened as a result. Here's hoping you have the same experiences.

I lived in SW Ohio when I joined the club but now live in central Illinois. I still belong to the Ohio Valley Chapter and most of my club activities revolve around them. We usually have a antique motorcycle ride somewhere in Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky in the Spring and Fall. It would be nice to have you and yours from the Buckeye Chapter join us for the weekend.

I own Italian (Moto Guzzi), German (BMW) and American (HD and Indian) motorcycles while my sons and daughter-in-laws have the British (Triumph, Ariel) and Japanese (just about all of them) motorcycles covered. We enjoy all types of bikes and have been known to engage in some campfire story telling and beer drinking.

Steve Slaminko
      Age - 65
      # of wives = 1
      current wife # = 1

Comment

Welcome Dave, I tried puffing on a cigar once while riding and tuning my carburetor....was okay at 10mph, worse at 20, and a waste of a good cigar any faster than that!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome to the club, and this forum Dave.
          Any chance of a picture of your bike?
          I'm a little illiterate, or illegitimate...anyway, pictures are good.
          Steve Little
          Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
          Australia.
          AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
            Welcome to the club, and this forum Dave.
            Any chance of a picture of your bike?
            I'm a little illiterate, or illegitimate...anyway, pictures are good.
            I attempted to post an image but, it was too large. I'll have to resize that and try again.

Comment

Welcome Dave, Those little GLs are great machines. Hope you get to enjoy some of the club activities. And there is always some vintage MC activity mid summer, between Wauseon (July 21-23) and The AMA's Vintage Days (July 7-9), neither one too far from you.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

my bike 2.jpg

I finally got around to posting this image!

I have since added mud flaps, sissy bar, luggage rack and windshield. More recent images were on a recent smart phone, that crashed and burned.
                Last edited by Dave Bone; 02-05-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X