Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 J update

Some update photos of the engine
    The stand I built to give me 360 access, it also tilts so really good for placing the timing gears
    The top engine mount is missing from the photo as I was about to put it in the frame.
    JD Jugs look really good !!!

I have no idea why the photo's turned 180 deg when I uploaded them !
    Attached Files

It looks good. Maybe too good. BTW, you forgot to install the cylinder base gasket, it's on the floor.

Comment

Why all the bright plating?
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Gasket

Originally posted by harleytoprock View Post
        It looks good. Maybe too good. BTW, you forgot to install the cylinder base gasket, it's on the floor.
        That gasket was torn!, fortunately I had another set Chris.
        An yes very bright Nickle plate, the bike when I purchased it had black pots and brushed nickel on all the parts.
        as the JD pots where nickel I thought the bright nickel would be a good contrast.
        The only black will be the exhaust and I plan on wrapping the down pipes.
        The frame and tins have been painted a maroon colour so the bright work should look exceptional against this colour.(maroon was a factory option)
        As stated earlier I am not restoring this bike but rather re-building it.
        My logic here being that it will be completed with as many original parts as I can get in England, but a lot of repo (including the JD Jugs)

I have no intention of showing the bike, it is being built the way I like, and will be almost brand new, every component on the engine (above the crank case) is repo, the carb is wrong for the year but am told it runs better, hence the decision to re-build and not try to pass it of as a restoration.
        New gear box internals, new clutch, new fork springs and rockers, new handlebars (with dip switch that was not on the original), new brakes, new rims and spokes, the list goes on.
        Regards
        Chris (England)

Comment

Hi Chris,

Can you show us any further updates? It's such a worthy project.
          Jack

Comment

How's it going? any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
            X