1926 B Harley Davidson Single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1926 B Harley Davidson Single

Did it again! just got this 1926 B (i think) single, this is a funny bike because someone made it very little (see pictures) so going to try to make a speedway bike out of all the parts... wish me luck in my sickness.
    IMG_4758.jpgIMG_4762.jpgIMG_4763.jpgIMG_4764.jpgat the swap.jpg
    Last edited by wowswitch; 11-16-2016, 09:49 AM.

and
    IMG_4766.jpgIMG_4768.jpgIMG_4770.jpgIMG_4772.jpgIMG_4769.jpg

Comment

more...
      IMG_4774.jpgIMG_4775.jpgIMG_4777.jpgIMG_4778.jpg

Comment

still more..IMG_4779.jpgIMG_4781.jpgIMG_4782.jpgIMG_4783.jpgIMG_4784.jpg
        and this frame is all cut down real small, so i plan to re-work it back to a race frame if i can...
        Last edited by wowswitch; 11-15-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

not sure if this gas tank is a real race tank...IMG_4785.jpgIMG_4786.jpgIMG_4787.jpgIMG_4788.jpg
          Last edited by wowswitch; 11-16-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

and the little wheels
            IMG_4791.jpgIMG_4793.jpgIMG_4796.jpgIMG_4795.jpgIMG_4794.jpg

Comment

and the last pictures...IMG_4790.jpgIMG_4797.jpgIMG_4798.jpgIMG_4799.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wowswitch View Post
                and the last pictures...
                Wowswitch!

It appears you have a 'wildcat' (fabricated) manifold to attach a later 1" Model Linkert carb. (The exact model should be stamped on top.)
                It should work fine, if all things are put in order.
                Please inspect the length of the HS needle, as it has a Schebler knob. And normally on a Linkert, the bowl is indexed with the valve on the opposite side, for float clearance.

The chokelever appears to be H-D -41 military; The three lines of script and 'aluminum' enamel also suggest post-'41.
                The assembly's overall length is much greater than the original G model Schebler with no manifold adapter, but if it fits, run it!

...Cotten
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                  Wowswitch!

It appears you have a 'wildcat' (fabricated) manifold to attach a later 1" Model Linkert carb. (The exact model should be stamped on top.)
                  It should work fine, if all things are put in order.
                  Please inspect the length of the HS needle, as it has a Schebler knob. And normally on a Linkert, the bowl is indexed with the valve on the opposite side, for float clearance.

The chokelever appears to be H-D -41 military; The three lines of script and 'aluminum' enamel also suggest post-'41.
                  The assembly's overall length is much greater than the original G model Schebler with no manifold adapter, but if it fits, run it!

...Cotten
                  your right M4 on top...IMG_4804.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wowswitch View Post
                    your right M4 on top...[ATTACH=CONFIG]18666[/ATTACH]
                    A mystery Wowswitch!

The M-4 is listed on modern references as "1930-1935 Harley D,R,Servicar", ... but that would suggest it should have a four-line script with "Langsenkamp & Linkert" instead of "L&L".
                    Anything is possible, but the polished-off patina upon the stamp leads only to chin-scratching.

People trying to sell hardware should just leave these things alone, if they really want the best price. (Duh.)

....Cotten
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM.
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Wowswitch:
                      interesting project... I have sent you a pm .
                      Best
                      Dan

Comment

Ok, found that my rear hub has a crack, new used one on the way.photo 1.jpg

Comment

also im looking for the spring for my springer, any body got some to sell?

Comment

Working...
                          X