Hello from HoustonTexas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from HoustonTexas

Just found this forum and joined last night. Back in the sixties when I was going to college in California I had a Honda CL160 I used to ride. I recently found one just like I had that I'm trying to rebuild/restore. Probably going to take it down to the frame and start building up from there. I'm retired now so I have plenty of time to work on it. Got it from Oregon and had it shipped in. Been on Ebay for the last couple days looking for parts for it. I hope to get some pointers, help and maybe some parts too on this forum.

I've been a machinist and welder most of my life. When I was in California I worked for a motorcycle shop that used to repair wrecked bikes and we also built a lot of custom stuff. Did a lot of extending springer forks. I had a hand in building the bikes for "Easy Rider" too. On weekends I used to race in the desert. I've been around bikes for a while and decided to rebuild one for myself.

Welcome to the forum BarNesCo. There is a sub-forum here that is dedicated to member's build projects. I don't want to speak for others but I think many of us like to follow builds and associated photos. Its good for future reference as well when someone else chooses a similar project.

Originally posted by BarNesCo View Post
    I had a hand in building the bikes for "Easy Rider" too. On weekends I used to race in the desert. I've been around bikes for a while and decided to rebuild one for myself.
    Now that is something to be able to tell your grand children.

Mike Love
    AMCA #19097

Comment

Welcome to the forum. As a side note on your 160, due to a specific 160 class in AHRMA vintage racing parts for them have gotten a bit more scarce in the last few years. Good luck on your project.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Welcome, BarNesCo.
        Being from Ohio. the first place I check for old Honda parts is, Western Hills Honda, near Cincinnati. They have tons of nos and used stuff. Good luck with your project.
        Fred
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Working...
        X