Newbie from Pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Pa

Hi all, I'm Ed Wilson from south central PA, I've been a member for a while but I have never posted anything. I have a 2006 Heritage and a 1947 Flathead and just purchased a 1932 VL basket case a couple weeks ago. I ride the 47 as much as the 06 and love it. The VL is about 80% there and needs the motor rebuilt if anyone knows anybody that can do it in my area, the rest I can do myself. I will probably be asking a lot of questions since I just started this project and have been kicking around the idea of doing a build thread on here, anyways good to be a member.
    Attached Files

Welcome Ed. Nice looking 47 WL. Paul Freibus at American Cycle Fab in Bloomsburg can do you VL motor and will make some needed improvements which will make it run better and more reliable. He is a flat head guru. You won't be disappointed and he is a wealth of info.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Thank you, I already spoke to him today.

Comment

Hello Ed! I really like my VL's. You will too. Make sure you get Steve Slocombes book on VL Restoration too. Have a look here http://vlheaven.com/
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I hope I like it as much as my 45, I like the 45 more than the 06, I got Steve's book and I am getting ready to go out in the garage now and work on it. I'm kicking around the idea of a build thread so we will see what happens in that depart men.

Comment

Originally posted by no6 View Post
            I'm kicking around the idea of a build thread so we will see what happens in that depart men.
            Welcome Ed and build threads are a good thing! Good Luck!

Mike Love
            AMCA # 19097

Comment

Working...
            X