Sidecar mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidecar mounting

Okay I just received a sidecar from Poland and I am getting ready to hook it up. A few questions I have is on the toe in do I use shims to adjust it on the back or front clevis? Also on the springs there is one spring extra on the top of the springs, which way do they go? I am thinking towards the back. I am pretty sure the angle is 1-2 degrees away from the sidecar. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Faintly recall tow-in. Find parallel, then add 1/8" to rear clevis bolt... worked for me, can't recall spec called for.
    I used a protractor with a couple of framing squares and vice grips to clamp together a fixture with a 3 degree lean, parked it in front of the bike, and corrected the lean with the front wheel, then tightened the clamps.
    You'll still get the front wheel wobble when shifting out of 1st.

Comment

Thanks, I am ready to put the wheel on and set it up! The frame is bolted to the bike!

Comment

There will be as Red Dog says the front wheel wobble shifting outta first as well as a short braking serve to the right when applying brakes as the wheels of course aren't symmetrical. I always double check all connections and frame areas around the connections and personally don't lift the sidecar for fun either. When riding solo with the sidecar I have a flat 50lb bar bell weight in the rear compartment behind the seat and would use more but my car has the spare wheel on the back which adds some weight. Without weight in the car it's tricky on rolling turns and I use a lot of body english too which you'll learn quick. The MC doesn't lean but you need too. Good luck and enjoy the smiles from the car are priceless.

Comment

Working...
        X