New from Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Belgium

Hello from Belgium to everybody. I'm new in AMCA but I'm in the old motorcycles world from 1977. Near 30 years of passengering classic racing sidecar and a few years in modern F1. 2016 was the 20th year with the same pilote from The Netherlands on ex GP sidecars with König engines. I'm on the road too with a R1200GS BMW and classics as R75/5, R100/7, R27 BMW and a swiss military Condor A350. With my Wife we take the road in an 1977 MGB. From a fee I'm proud to be the owner of a 2 stroke single 1921 Cleveland. Philippe Godin

Welcome Phillipe, nice selection of motorcycles you have there! (Can you show us any pictures???) Don't know the answer to your Cleveland gas cap question, likely someone here will chime in eventually!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks, No solution for the moment. If somedy have a picture of the cap or drawing. I don't want to make a mistake.

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA, Philippe. It looks like a screw on cap, so it's possible the threads on the cap, or the threads in the tank bung are stripped. The only thing I can think to do is PULL up on the cap as you are unscrewing it. If that doesn't work, you have a real problem and will have to resort to destructive measures to get the cap out of the tank.

Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Hello, here's mine
          20161003_19.jpg
          She was first registered in 1927 in north of France? I' have the papers and history. used til 1940, barn find and restored in mid 70's.

Comment

The threaded part of the cap is just formed sheet metal. The filler neck is steel. Your cap is probably rusted on. Protect the top portions and try to carefully pry it off. There are only about 3 threads and they are not deep so it should pry off easily. A new threaded portion can then be made and attached to the top. Tomcleveland 002.jpgcleveland 001.jpg

Comment

That is a beautiful gas cap Tom. It's great to get an answer from someone who isn't guessing
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric: It has rust issues on the bottom but when it is on my bike the judges will never see it. Tom Wilcock

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe Godin View Post
                  Hello from Belgium to everybody. I'm new in AMCA but I'm in the old motorcycles world from 1977....
                  Welcome to the AMCA and the Forum Phillippe

Mike Love
                  AMCA #19037

Comment

Thanks all and for the pictures. I can find my way to take it off.

Comment

Lift off! not without little damage. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X